Unreal Gone Steam?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

h.pocus

Jan 20, 2008
On my steam friends list, there were lots of them playing UT3.

forward us your steam friends list. we want people to play with too. :lol:

But on a more serious note, it was a good decision why not go with steam(as long as they dont stop pressing games as well) some people actually like using steam would rather download a game. As for getting more exposure, i think the beta demo has over a million downloads thats quite alot of exposure already. Word of mouth is better advertisement than any commercial.

Last edited:

NFXFSX

Aug 13, 2004
It seems like a good move for Epic since Steam has a competitive player base with CSS and such.

I bought the Unreal Deal Pack. Can't pass up a deal like that with all the games for just $55.

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
Woohoo, thats +2 i think now. :D

I hope it keeps bringing in members. UT3 is awesome and it's becoming easier to find a game every day. Keep em coming steam ;)

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Shh don't let jeff morris hear you say that or else you'll get banned

I don't think Epic understands that people are bitching for perfectly good reasons. Epic really dropped the ball on UT3, and their "STFU" attitude damages their credibility with hardcore PC gamers. The official forums really serve no purpose except for threads like "Gears of War 2: More Rap Music at the end?"

At best, this is a last ditch effort to squeeze a couple more drops out of a dead franchise. UT3 is already hitting the bargain bin at many stores such as gogamer.com though, so it wouldn't surprise me if UT3 drops to around $20 sometime soon.