Poll - All weapons fire bullets idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 weapons

• Would you prefer having only: All weapons firing bullets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UT3 is oky the way it is

Votes: 70 97.2%
  • Keep the actual weapons and add more firing bullets weapons!

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Nothing, I would just prefer another weapon firing bullets... a weapon between the Enforcer and the Snipe, more like an Assault Rifle (for the 3rd times :p).

Other than that, I don't want to add or change anything.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I think we should make it so every model is naked except for a loin cloth. This would definitely improve the game.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Heath Ledger Clap Clap Clap Heath Ledger Clap Clap Clap Heath Ledger Clap Clap Clap Heath Ledger Clap Clap Clap Heath Ledger Clap Clap Clap Heath Ledger Clap Clap Clap

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
I just mean, there is a difference between counter-strike and GoW Gunplay.

You can avoid bullets in GoW like if there was some physics behind the gunplay.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
No, you can't.
Press the action button to dash and stuck to walls or cover, I think you can :lol: and this way you will even be able to surprise them by the back... on the 360 version. The aim is way more fast on the PC version, unfortunately or fortunately.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
You can avoid someone's aim doing that, but the weapons themselves are pretty much all hitscan.
Well it's strange because we tested a lot the 360 version in lan (never tested the PC version) and yeah, dodging bullets by using Dash or Covers was effective. We could clearly see the bullets being shot and not reach the target like if the bullets were really handle by physics.

Mabye they modified the network coding for the PC version, I can't tell.
All I know is UT3 has a lot better Online System (support should I say???) than GoW.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Gears of War is almost entirely hitscan. If they tried to simulate bullets out of every gun, the online performance would be even more horrid than it already is, since everyone is forced to play on listen servers.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
I think we should make it so every model is naked except for a loin cloth. This would definitely improve the game.

Or better yet, remove the loin cloths and add crotch shot. Sure beats shooting the usual Tank People (TM) and Generic Soldiers (TM).

Status
Not open for further replies.