Map Mouse Buttons 4 and 5?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
Is there any way to map mouse buttons 4 and 5 in Unreal 2? You cant map them from the in game menu, and I can't find them in the user ini.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
If the game doesn't recognise em, you could try remapping the mouse buttons to keyboard keys (if your mouse drivers/app let's you). I had to do this a lot for even slightly older games.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Hmm. If memory serves me right their respective names in the ini file are Mouse4 and Mouse5 (like you'd expect I suppose), so try adding them in and seeing if that works. Don't forget you should edit MyUser.ini and not the original.

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
Hmm. If memory serves me right their respective names in the ini file are Mouse4 and Mouse5 (like you'd expect I suppose), so try adding them in and seeing if that works. Don't forget you should edit MyUser.ini and not the original.

I already tried adding mouse4 and mouse5, but they still didn't work.

PS. this game is awesome. Did anyone ever notice the dynamic smoke effects? When you fire a rocket through smoke, the turbulence moves it around, and when you fire a Tosc weapon nearby smoke is sucked into the vortex. Try it with smoke grenades.

Last edited:

Mang Nux

Sep 14, 2010
I'm pretty sure it's not case sensitive, but yes I wrote it with cap M. I even copied it straight from the UT2003 ini (buttons 4 and 5 work fine in UT2003, and 04, and U2 came between them, so I don't see why they shouldn't work).

This is really odd. Are you 100% sure you had the buttons set in the game and not macro with mouse software? I've been using that, but the mouse only has 5 profiles, and I'd already used them all for other games with special settings.