about the New Jersy Battleship...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
cool!

I get home from Monmouth Mall where I saw a poster that said something about the New Jersey Battleship (can't remember what). So when I get home (I live on the shore) I'm looking at the forums, what a coincidence. Isn't it the most decorated battleship ever or something? Well the map sounds cool I'm gonna look at some screenies in a sec.

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Well, it depends on how you define "decorated". The USS New Jersey has the most battle medals of the four Iowa-class warships, meaning she saw more action than any other US Naval vessel. She doesn't hold the record for being the longest commissioned vessel though.. that's the USS Constitution, I think. On the other hand, the USS Missouri is more famous historically for accepting the surrender of Japanese forces at the end of the Pacific theater of World War II. It's also the battleship moored along the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor.. and I hear the Memorial organization is wiring the Missouri so people can take a virtual tour of the entire ship over the Internet. Neat!

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Well, looks like Geocities trashed my website for the battleship map. Supposedly, I wasn't operating under their Terms of Operation when I uploaded a zipped copy of my map so a few alpha testers could d/l it and give me feedback. Pretty lame considering the whole website was devoted to the map that people would eventually download...

Anyway, I guess I'll be looking for a new place to host screenshots and info about my map. In the meanwhile, keep your eyes peeled here for updates.

Original9

Deleted.
Jul 28, 2001
Originally posted by DeathAid
Tomorrow(June 19, 2001) someone high up is coming and we are going to be "showing off" the display wall(runs UT at 4800x3200) and want a really nice map to show.
Damn, whats running that?

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Another quickie.. quickie in the mornings..

I had to brighten the image to simulate what it looks like in-game. It's not quite as dark as the first image depicts. The first shot is the reverse side, and the second is the side with the moon casting light on it.

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Heh, soon? Since this is my first UT map I've ever worked on, I'm running into the initial frustrations on each step of the process. Texturing is just killing me so I've decided to just get the lighting and pathnodes done so i can release a version for you guys to play and give feedback on. I can always tweak with the textures later on. So soon.. look for it soon.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
depends on how its rigged to work internally.
you can cast the entire turret as a mover I think (I havent bumped into any limits on size yet)

but, then I dont know how you could script internal doors on that moving turret. or set triggers to turn it for that matter.

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by striderteen
WOW! If you want pics/stats of the Iowa-class battleships, e-mail me at ngo@caltech.edu -- I have TONS, as they're a pet subject of mine.

If you could make the main guns controllable (not like a turret, but with control switches), that would be AWESOME! Rather useless, but unimaginably COOL.

Actually, if you could get me a picture of an Iowa-class battleship at night with the lights on, that would help a lot! I'm making a lot of assumptions on how the lights would look on this ship because I have yet to find an actual photo depicting the light layout. I do have several pictures from the US Navy website with other vessels at night with lights but apparently nobody has taken a photo of the battleships.