M16 sound problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

Stryker

I have been noticing that the M16 stops making firing sounds occasionally when I am in a battle. It does this on both my PC's (one has the SB live).

W

Warren

Hmm.. this is a new one.. I haven't noticed or heard about this problem before.. Can I get more info from you? Does this happen when you've got a ton going on- like 8 bots while you're overlooking a huge scene, that kind of thing..? Has it been restricted to a certain game mode? Are you firing in burst or full auto mode?

H

HuFlungDung

Same problem here, and it was this way with version 1 as well. Is there something screwy about the silencer function I'm wondering?

S

Stryker

I think it happens in either fire mode. I have noticed that I am not hearing single shots or rapid fire shots on certain occasions. It does not appear to matter where I am in a level and it has done it on a few different levels. I have noticed it with one bot only as well as times with several bots. I could see why it would happen on one of my PC's because it just has a regular sound card and can only play a few sounds at once, but my main PC has an SB Live that can play up to 256 sounds at once.

W

Warren

Hmm.. this is definitely strange. We're currently looking into the problem and hopefully we'll figure something out! thanks for the bug..