Battle-Field 3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Boot game -> Test game - > Exit game -> Nav to website -> Change mouse sensitivity -> Boot game.

Come on. It's absolutely retarded. It's so stupid it's had me in a fit of giggles for nearly fifteen minutes.

I'm sure it can't really be like that, surely?

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
No, because you can only change the options inside the game. So it's more like:

Join server -> wait for game to load -> sit idle for 45 minutes while you change your settings and test them out -> find everyone has left the server ->exit game -> wait for game to finish exiting -> browse to battlelog -> Find new server -> join server -> wait for game to load -> see a cheater -> exit game -> wait for game to finish exiting -> browse to battlelog -> find another server -> join server -> wait for game to load -> finally you are playing your game you just paid $60 for.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Can't view the link because I am at work, but does this mean you don't get to tweak your graphical settings? I mean its in a browser and there is no in game menu to speak of? If that is true then EA is pretty much forcing you to buy hardware that meets their standards, which is uncool.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You can change your options in-game. I don't know what kind of options are in there, but the people that participated in the Alpha said there was some sort of menu for changing them.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
You can change your options in-game. I don't know what kind of options are in there, but the people that participated in the Alpha said there was some sort of menu for changing them.

Must have been on the website because there was nothing in game that I saw. You could change your controls but that was pretty much it.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
'No graphical options'?

Instant issue right there. PCs don't have a predictable or fixed set of hardware. Users need to be able to adjust settings in cases where the game is not performing optimally.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
They don't need options. They know better than you what settings you should use.