UT2004 Linux Demo Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
The Linux version of the UT2004 demo was released this morning, and our worldwide mirrors are ready to go! If you're having trouble, check out the list of alternatives below.

California FTP, courtesy of Primer.

Georgia FTP, courtesty of LinuxHardware.org.

European HTTP, courtesy of, uh, not lokigames.com.

Swedish HTTP, courtesy of pomac.

The BitTorrent, courtesy of Primer.

md5sum: da200b043add9d083f6aa7581e6829f0

Thanks to Ryan Gordon and Epic for keeping the Linux flag flying!

U

Unregistered4

At last! :)

Thanks to the team for their Linux support.

Houdini-GG

I've been described as hot, videogames..
Dec 30, 2003
Colorado Springs
call me stupid (no, really) but do the 'nix users get to play alongside us PC users? i know they have Linux servers that us PC people play on.. does that mean when i play on a Linux server that i can be playing with both Linux and PC users? and when i play on a Windows server that i'm only playing with PC users? hows that all work?

U

Unregistered5

Houdini-GG said:
so this only means more players for the already staggering 2k4 demo.
best.news.ever.

That's right. Just remember Linux users on i386 are also PC users, though there are Linux versions for many other architectures besides PC.

G

Guest1531

Sounds like what I was experiencing using the kernels agpgart for my Ati, though Ut2003 worked just fine with it. After switching to Ati's own agpmodule fps seem to be just about right. Still, performance is slightly lower than that of a windows box I believe.

Oh well... you can't have everything, now can you. :)

Nurulwai

Mar 27, 2002
UK
Visit site
QAPete said:
If you don't have AGPGART working, passing vertex data over the AGP bus, you'll have a totally unplayable situation. What do you get when you run glxgears?

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

A nice steady 60FPS.

[edit]
Done some fiddling, now I have this:
UT -- runs great, 60FPS all the time.
UT2003/UT2004 -- seems there's some invisible FPS cap I cant remove, the damn games just sit at exactly 20FPS, constantly, and it's driving me nuts!

Last edited: