Halo 4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I feel that the Halo universe has been pretty well fleshed out already, and I don't see them being able to expand on it in any interesting way. Halo 3 was already kind of dragging in the 'new story elements' department. Do you really believe that the Halo universe can support three more storyline game that were as interesting as Halo?

From what I gather, it should be a completely new story line arc, that is set quite some time after the events of the previous games, so you'd get to see how the world has changed in the (hundreds?) of years since you've been gone.

So they're making one...
I guess potential money speaks louder than the words "Halo is a trilogy."

They're doing what they did with the Xbox to 360 transition - making sure they have a 'must buy' sequel to sell the next console with. In this case, it's Halo 5 after being teased with Halo4, much like Halo 3 with respect to Halo 2.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Halo 1 isn't nearly the best game in the series, and the PC version of it runs like crap despite looking exactly the same.

I'm interested in where they go with Halo 4. The problem with Halo 3 was really just the direction they went. I did play through ODST and quite liked it. I haven't finished Reach yet, but so far it is also pretty good. I certainly don't think Halo is the most notable FPS ever, but I do think they are fun to play.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I didn't have any technical issues with Halo 1 on PC. Issues I did have were the ridiculously repetitive level design that made the entire experience boring.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
it used DX9 even though the Xbox only did DX7. Not sure what Gearbox was thinking there.

Hey, I like Destiny. Maybe I like it because none of my friends want to play Borderlands Pre-sequel and I need to fill that "get the better colored loot" void with something.

Agree with anyone who understands Bungie can't write a story or make it even remotely interesting. Destiny took Tyrion Lanister and M. Knight Shammed all the emotion out of him.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Hey, I like Destiny. Maybe I like it because none of my friends want to play Borderlands Pre-sequel and I need to fill that "get the better colored loot" void with something.

Agree with anyone who understands Bungie can't write a story or make it even remotely interesting. Destiny took Tyrion Lanister and M. Knight Shammed all the emotion out of him.

shh... I got three full inventories full with legendaries ;)

I need to hop into your game next time I'm on Xbox and get some more dupes. But then there is the conundrum Balton! If I get all the Legendaries through player trade then why would I play to grind :) ?

Destiny removes that option so I have no choice. In a strange way this is more appealing to me.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I need to hop into your game next time I'm on Xbox and get some more dupes. But then there is the conundrum Balton! If I get all the Legendaries through player trade then why would I play to grind :) ?

Destiny removes that option so I have no choice. In a strange way this is more appealing to me.

I hate the loot grind. I love playing with the mechanics of the game, characters and gear to create the top killing machine. Seeing that orange glow after so many hours is great but every game ends someday rendering all those hours better spent with your loved ones having spaghetti-o's ;)

---
yeah, the time difference sucks :(