Combining Sources for Voice

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RadioactiveDecay

Apr 21, 2004
I'm trying to create one multiplayer map, 2 pawns (male,female) and voice chat. So far I have the map and the pawns which can run, walk, fly, text chat - all that good stuff.

At first I thought the URE2 would be perfect, only to find that the voice chat implimented in UT2004 is native to UT2004 and not included in the runtime. Not to be outdone, I created a voice chat server/client interface using the DirectX Managed SDK DirectPlay. This is written in C# but could easily be ported over to VC++ or VB.

My question is, how do I tie the DirectX voice component and UE together? I'm assuming there is some way to include components of DirectX in a UE application but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks!

HeadShooter

Mar 30, 2004
Moscow, Russia
RadioactiveDecay said:
I'm trying to create one multiplayer map, 2 pawns (male,female) and voice chat. So far I have the map and the pawns which can run, walk, fly, text chat - all that good stuff.

At first I thought the URE2 would be perfect, only to find that the voice chat implimented in UT2004 is native to UT2004 and not included in the runtime. Not to be outdone, I created a voice chat server/client interface using the DirectX Managed SDK DirectPlay. This is written in C# but could easily be ported over to VC++ or VB.

My question is, how do I tie the DirectX voice component and UE together? I'm assuming there is some way to include components of DirectX in a UE application but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks!

Create a DLL with all your functions implemented.
To use them write UnrealScript as a header file and mark all functions as NATIVE.
For details take a look at: http://udn.epicgames.com/Technical/UnrealScriptReference

RadioactiveDecay

Apr 21, 2004
HeadShooter said:
Create a DLL with all your functions implemented.
To use them write UnrealScript as a header file and mark all functions as NATIVE.
For details take a look at: http://udn.epicgames.com/Technical/UnrealScriptReference

Thanks headshooter for your response. I fear I may be in over my head on this one and I'm willing to admit defeat. Is there a standard method for getting in touch with a programmer that might be willing to work on this small but very rewarding and useful project? I don't want to step on anyone's toes by asking in the wrong forum.

Thanks.

RadioactiveDecay

Apr 21, 2004
RadioactiveDecay said:
Thanks headshooter for your response. I fear I may be in over my head on this one and I'm willing to admit defeat. Is there a standard method for getting in touch with a programmer that might be willing to work on this small but very rewarding and useful project? I don't want to step on anyone's toes by asking in the wrong forum.

Thanks.

Okay, so almost 2 days later and maybe I can do this :lol:

I have compiled the code into a DLL.
In the documentation it says to call a function that is in a C++ DLL you should use syntax like this;
Code:
native(266) final function bool Move( vector Delta );

Then it says;
The number inside the parenthesis after the "native" keyword corresponds to the number of the function as it was declared in C++ (using the AUTOREGISTER_NATIVE macro).

This is where I'm stuck now. I can't find any reference to the AUTOREGISTER_NATIVE macro :(

Googled it, wiki'd it and forum searched it, all to no avail. Without knowing the reference number to the function in my DLL that I want to call, I can't call it from the script, right? I did compile the DLL natively but I still can't tell what reference numbers my functions were given. What is this mysterious macro of which the documentation spake?

TIA.

HeadShooter

Mar 30, 2004
Moscow, Russia
RadioactiveDecay said:
This is where I'm stuck now. I can't find any reference to the AUTOREGISTER_NATIVE macro :(

I think you should try to assign numbers to functions in "exports" section.
Or we should wait for Vito to explain us about AUTOREGISTER_NATIVE :))