Deus Ex Junk

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Then run away and hide. :b

Someone I met at DXE is making some changes to maps for hiding secret items. I haven't made any of the items yet (trying not to let myself until I finish the other stuff), but it should be neat to have some new things to find.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
The plasma rifle now shoots through stuff. The method I used for shooting through walls doesn't really work if there's a wall close behind the wall you're trying to shoot through, but besides that it works quite nicely with the new tech goggles or new vision aug at a high level.

Attachments

• Penetration1.jpg
    Penetration1.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Penetration2.jpg
    Penetration2.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 23

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
You should now be able to shoot through glass windows with bullets. It works at the silo place, in any case.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Ejected sabot shells are now blue, as seen in the ammo pickup boxes. Also, shotgun shells are ejected when the sawed off shotgun is pumped, rather than when fired. Someday I'd like to improve the ejection code for all bullet shell casings to position the shell better.

Attachments

• sabotshells.jpg
    sabotshells.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 19

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
What would be the purpose of that, other than being cool and making the sniper rifle perhaps even more powerful than it already is?

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Some new shell casings I'm about to import into the game.

Attachments

• shellComp.jpg
    shellComp.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 14
  • shellComp2.jpg
    shellComp2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 17

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Several times I have lined up shots of a couple of NSF. Im not asking for more damage or ROF, Im only asking to be able to get 2 for the price of one.

Funny this time Im replaying DX, I find my self mainly using a scoped sil pistol. Even though I got an upgraded sniper and ar. Seems after the first mission, pulling off headshots with the silenced pistol is much more effective then the traq darts or the AR.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Lots of people find themselves using a modded pistol through most of the game. That's what I always did. Both the laser and scope used to make weapons perfectly accurate when they were used, so you could pull off headshots way too easily from too far away with them.

Spydrones can now frob keypads, computers, ATMs, and information devices (datacubes, books, etc.). The frobable items' frames don't show up in the right place, but besides that the spydrone is quite a bit more interesting now.

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I love how the MIB explode when they die, I wanna explode when I die.

Anywho, youre mod sounds awesome, I will replay the game again when you release it.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Small detail: the frames that appear around stuff you're pointing at now oscillate smoothly, rather than moving inward and then jerking back outward. Also, the shuriken have a standing accuracy bonus indicator on the crosshair, like other weapons that fire projectiles.

I fixed the spydrone issue, and changed the way you see from its POV.

One tenth of the damage you deal to pawns goes toward paying for the next level of that weapon's skill. That's 10 points for the average pawn. I'm not sure if that's the perfect amount; it has to be enough to make a difference, but not so much that you end up having too many skill points.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
The resolution of Deus Ex's mesh format is too low. D:< Look what it did to my shotgun.
Edit: I just thought of something. The sword and shuriken are both detailed enough to have an enviromap just a tiny bit above the blade. Why isn't my shotgun taking advantage of that added resolution? Plus there are those smoothing groups that make no sense. I can never get models into Unreal engine games right!
Edit: Using 3ds2de instead of the Deus Ex exporter I got for MS3D seemed to fix most of the errors. Animating with 3ds2de is gonna be a huge pain, though...

Attachments

• shotgun.jpg
    shotgun.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 22
  • ShotgunFUBAR.jpg
    ShotgunFUBAR.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
New WP rocket explosion.

Attachments

• WP1.jpg
    WP1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 22
  • WP2.jpg
    WP2.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 22

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I've reworked the headshot detection code slightly. It was possible to get headshots consistently before if you knew how the code worked, but now you can get headshots consistently by actually aiming at their head.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
The assault gun now fires three instead of five round bursts. Firing a longer stream also sounds more continuous rather than a string of bursts.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Shells now bounce with some randomness, so they don't form nice neat little piles anymore. Observe the shot. Also, the shell ejection code has been rewritten and works nicely. :) The AG, sawedoff, and pistol all spawn shells in the proper place. The rest still need to have their offsets calibrated.

Attachments

• shell bounce.jpg
    shell bounce.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 18

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
BTW, a properly tuned gun with good ammo should be consistant with its brass ejection patterns. When the brass starts ejecting farther, or faster, then you know the recoilsping is taking a set, and should be replaced.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Does that mean the new piles are bad? But the old ones looks so stupid. XP

The carcass frob code has been largely rewritten. Besides fixing some weird errors, the summary of what you find is now completely graphic, with items you can't pick up being displayed in red.

Attachments

• carcfrob.jpg
    carcfrob.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 21