3DFX MINI DRIVER for VD5?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ConstantPhoenix

Jan 20, 2001
USA
nav.to
I'm sorry to stray from UT-
But does anyone know if the3DFX MINI DRIVER works with the new-sorta new-VooDoo 5 5500 AGP?
I'm playing HalfLife and I'm told by the game it's not compadinle with my card-Yet on the VooDooFiles site I'm told that it works very well with the VD5 card-And HL asks for it by name-and my FrameRate sucks-
Anyone got info?
Thanks

Vizor

Feb 7, 2001
Visit site
I had the same problem with Half-Life with my VooDoo 3 and VooDoo 5.the mini gl drivers work great but the problems with the new Half-Life patch.Don't do the full install of the new patch, instead install the 1.1.0.1 patch first, then upgrade to the 1.1.0.4 patch and you'll be good to go.
This is a hassle but its the only way I could get this to work.

ConstantPhoenix

Jan 20, 2001
USA
nav.to
Cool-Thanks-and...

Right on-That is a hassle-But thanks
SO the defalt is not as good huh?That sucks-I have noticed a pretty lame frame rate for such an old school game-Ut seems to play at a higher rate-
I the Mini driver good for any other games?
Thanks alot

Vizor

Feb 7, 2001
Visit site
The mini gl driver is good in glquake and most ,if not all the quake 2 games.
And I use to use wicked gl all the time but the latest version slows everything down.
I hope the new version will be better.