Sound Files?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
So INF is back up and running, and I'm definitely re-addicted, again. I need to get this thing working on an internet capable machine. I've definitely lost some of my skills, but I still remember all the maps, so the bots aren't kicking my ass too bad.

A couple of the sounds files in my package are messed up I think. The P90, AKMSU, and SAW don't make any sound when firing. I can hear the bots firing them, but they make no sound when I shoot 'em. It kinda takes them out of the game unfortunately, because who wants to shoot a gun that doesn't go bang? Anyone have this problem in the past and know of a fix?

-Chronic

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Have you tried removing the silencer from the loadout?

Sorry. That joke is so wrong on so many different levels. I should slap me.

Serious now, check for conflicting muties. Remove all, add one by one.

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
*SLAP*

hmmm...the only one on is for rolling M67s... could this be the culprit? Stay tuned...

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Have you tried removing the silencer from the loadout?

I pronounce the Inf board officially dead - the use of the term silencer without an cry of outrage that the item is properly designated as suppressor is the official end of the inf boards.

Wait one..

IT'S CALLED SUPpRESSOR!

OK, back to the undead existence we had before.

And to pretend to contirbute to the actual topic: is it possible for you to get the inf files from another source and try to reinstalll Inf? Or perhaps one of the forum members might be able to upload the sound files?

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
I'm hoping on the later at this point. I took the mutties off and there's still no sound. The weapons affected are the SAW, AKMSU, Sig 550, and the P90. I would try reinstalling, but with an old cracked UT cd and a fickle old G3 computer, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it all back again. I barely got it working this time around.

If anyone knows which files are the sources of these sounds and would be willing to e-mail them, let me know. Especially the SAW. I love that freakin gun, but its not the same when it doesn't make any sound.

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
Alright! I finally got UT to start running on my OS X machine, and even managed to get INF to start running. Not only is it internet ready, but all of the sound problems are fixed. That ****ing SAW sounds like heaven raining lead. Right now I'm downloading the bonus pack to check out all the new toys:) Hit me up if anyone wants to get a game going.

Last edited: