UT under Win2k

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GIMP[FU]

Dec 30, 2000
www.anobi.com
Please Help!!!!!

Does this happen to anyone????

I just configure a new UT server under win2k. But im having a strange problem.

When it first loads a map and everyone is on pings are in the 1000-2000 range after about 1 min all pings go back to normal around 100. WHY!!!!!!!!!!! is this that creeping ping thing. This only happens when the map first loads then everything ok.

This My first server so i might have f#@$@$# up the ini file just used the default one i made no changes except for loading CSHP version 11.30

any thoughts ????

also anyone know how can I speed up so people can download map faster. is ther some setting

Any help is much appreitated
GIMP[FU]

Game0rz

May 13, 2000
uhh... well need some more info...
what kind of conection is it on?
what are the system specs:?
so on.
Oh and I dont think you can change the speed on d/l's its slow on everyserver i join. most ppl just download maps/skins of websites like nalicity and fileplanet... etc...
If there is a program/tweak that could be used that would be awesome!

other then that, welcome to PuF...
Hope you stay and have some fun with us.
-Game0rz

GIMP[FU]

Dec 30, 2000
www.anobi.com
VA LINUX BOX Dual 600 256 MB RAM T1 line running win2k...

Ya Yea Iknow VA LInux running Win2k thats appualing but running a ut server is easier for us beginers in windows world

AndyM

Dec 30, 2000
Visit site
There is a prob with creeping pings and 2K, something to di with the web admin. If you disable this your probs should o away.

Andy

GIMP[FU]

Dec 30, 2000
www.anobi.com
Ya I tired that still didnt fix it.

Caled up Microsoft on Sunday and they gave me a hot fix for the problem.

I Found out that it is not actually a Creeping ping problem. Its is s problem with Win2k deleting UDP mappings incorrectly or not at all. They gave me a hotfix that fixed everything.... Sort of Win2K still sucks A@#

Thanx for all the help :)

ThePlague{FU}

Jul 20, 2000
www.angelfire.com
[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=False
ConnectionTimeout=15.000000
InitialConnectTimeout=20.000000
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.200000
MaxClientRate=8000
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.000000
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.000000
ServerTravelPause=4.000000
NetServerMaxTickRate=30
LanServerMaxTickRate=30
OverrideBufferAllocation=False
MaxDownloadSize=0
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload

This section is from a friends server which we have inserted into our servers ini file. Find the section and put set it to these settings. After applying this on our Win2k adv. server the ping problems went bu-bye. Our max players is 10 and with a full server we tested switching maps about 5 times right after one another. At times the pings would shoot to 1000-2000 BUT they would drop down to normal within 30 seconds if not shorter. Under "normal" level changes though the pings stayed settled. I dont believe there are any other settings in the ini file that were changed? Might be some more but I think that this is all there is to be applied. Let me know if this works for you.

[Edited by [FragN]ThePlague on January 2nd, 2001 at 07:38 PM]

GIMP[FU]

Dec 30, 2000
www.anobi.com
Thx for the ini Settings!!!!

Will try this to see if it helps.

After I applied the hot fix I no longer have the problems where the pings are 1000-2000 as you said. Now under a load and when map connects pings only jump by 30-50. Only rarely no do they ever reach above 400. I friend of min applied is running Win2k on advanced aerver and had same problems as myself and your a describing with 1000-2000 pings after connect for about 30-50 sec. Once he installed Win2K SP2 beta this no longer happend to him. Im trying to get the Win2k SP2 beat from him.. But he is resistant because it is not publically availble and would violate with "Beta" program agreement with Microsoft. Some Friend Huh???? Who cares about the Beta Agreement its just a UT server!!!! Sorry for the rant just pissed of about it...
If you want the Hot fix I used to see if it helps your server with the 1000-2000 ping problem just drop your email and ill send it. It also is not publically available. Otherwise Win2k sP2 beata should be out in about 4weeks publically in TechNet.

Thanx for the Help!!

GIMP[FU]