Movement idea for next version

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I like all kinds of first person shooters and normally I play a ton of games. Lately, since getting my hands on infiltration it is all I can play. I'm stoked about what has been done for UT by the Infiltration team.
Here is my suggestion for the next version. it would be cool if players could 'mantle' up onto objects. For example you run up on a porch or a ledge and if you walk around to the front you are sniper bait...however if the player could jump and grab the edge and pull themself up then they could bypass many straight on attempts. In Thief this is done by pressing and holding the jump button. I am not sure if there is any specific character animation for this in that game but it would be needed for Infiltration. This could also open up cool ideas for map makers. Rooftops could become much sought after sniper positions tha could only be reached by pulling yourself up to them. Of course while you are busy pulling yourself up...you become sniper bait.

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
and I don't know if you are already doing this but, please take off the dodge movement when you double tap one of your movement keys.

------------------
"What's your major malfunction numbnuts!
Didn't Mommy or Daddy hold you enough when you were a child?!"
*Blam* -FMJ

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
Dodging isn't so bad, but it would be better if you didn't jump so far when you dodged, maybe a foot or two instead of 5 or 6, and also you would be limited, dodging would become impossible until you got your balance again, say after 3 seconds or so.

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
he thing that stop us from all these cool things is the animations. Epic do have a skeleton animation system, but didn't think it was stable enough at the moment to use for UT. The chances of it ever to be available for us to use in UT is very low, but we still hope. If we get a UT gold version I'd guess it could be in it.