Converting Half-Life maps into UT maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bull on Parade

Feb 20, 2000
Boulder Co USA
Visit site
I want to convert a couple of half life maps into UT maps but I'm having trouble getting the proportions right. Is there any way to obtain the measurements of the the half life maps so that I can scale them in order to make the proportions right for UT? Thanks for the help, Bull.

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Does that converter do a fair job of merging coplanar polygons? I've tried a few BSP "decompilers" but since the reconstructed geometry files are based on the BSP map, they always turn out to be many times larger than the original.

Speaking of Half-Life, has anyone made any Half-Life texture packages for Unreal? :)

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
I haven't looked at that converter, I just saw it in passing by, one might say. I don't even know which BSP files it's for, but I think I'm going to look at it.