FellOutOfWorld

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
i've noticed in my UT logs for my map every once in a while it says a bot fell out of the world, yet i never notice a bot disappear from the game. I made a modified bot class that logs the bot's location if FellOutOfWorld() is called and ran about 20 games, got a few Fells and looked them up in the map.

Sure enough in each of those locations there is a funny angle to the wall and a very small slightly extending invisible ledge along the intersection. But i've been over and over those locations from every possible angle and there's no way to fall out of the world like when you have a major BSP problem with a semisolid and you can literally fall into nothingness and leave a small crater. Then again i'm not a bot, but i've played so many games in slomo paying close attention to the bots and never have seen one just disappear without being killed by another bot.

So i guess my question is, does anybody know if there are non-lethal circumstances where FellOutOfWorld() is called or what the deal is? I've looked through logs and some other maps and found some of the same behavior in a couple stock UT maps and several custom maps people have made.

ca

CHiMERiC Grandmaster
Oct 11, 1999
www.unrealscript.com
These are BSP holes, and most likely bots just relocate themselves when they hit one, while playerpawns do a suicide I believe (since you could fall forever through a BSP hole).

vlosk

Feb 4, 2001
vlosk.unrealcenter.com
Collision

These most definately are bsp problems of some sort or another, and the reason it works for your bot and not you could be the collsion radius and height... did you change this at all?

well i never could see any bots or real players affected at these locations, spent hours trying to have me or a bot die and never could, so i just assumed it was fine and let it go at that. Just bothers me to see such log entries ... I've since looked at the log after playing other maps, stock UT and custom, and have also seen this going in those sometimes too.