TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Because Valve SOLD OUT MAN! They are RUINING THE GAME by letting people BUY VIDEO GAME ITEMS FOR REAL MONEY! :mad:

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
... but it's possible to play the game witrhout experiencing any of your problems with it, why would it be stupid to "bother" with it?

Sure, it's "possible", but how far back/to what update do you go? I was one of the first to DL on beta release day, and of course there were some bugs and balance issues. It was great that Valve fixed things fairly quickly at that time, but not too heavy-handed.

But then...constant nerfs/buffs like an arms race out of control, and hats, until it just got really dumb with buying/selling/trading and IMO ruined the game. At some point long ago, Valve should have left TF2 be. They could have done a TF3 and put in the items crap.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
rAt.8^].bAg;2482262 said:
Sure, it's "possible", but how far back/to what update do you go? I was one of the first to DL on beta release day, and of course there were some bugs and balance issues. It was great that Valve fixed things fairly quickly at that time, but not too heavy-handed.

But then...constant nerfs/buffs like an arms race out of control, and hats, until it just got really dumb with buying/selling/trading and IMO ruined the game. At some point long ago, Valve should have left TF2 be. They could have done a TF3 and put in the items crap.

So from what you're saying they "ruined" this game over a year ago as far as you're concerned... how long does it take for you to move on?

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
Has anyone else had problems with their history and favorites lists? My history list has been showing servers I've been to days ago, but not ones I've just joined, and I can only add servers to my favorites list if I actually join the server first.

...and then there are times when I'll refresh the server list, join a server with, say, 27/32 people, and absolutely no one will be on. This even happens when I refresh the list twice, and filtering empty servers doesn't help. :con:

ATM I'm being the Pyro a lot. The degreaser + axtinguisher are ****ing awesome on maps with tight corridors. On this one map I played (can't remember the name), there were vents that I dominated in. Enemies couldn't back away, because they'd just be up against the vent wall, and by then, they'd all be dead.

Plus, no heavies could come to save them in time. By the time they'd get there, I'd be somewhere else. :D

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
So from what you're saying they "ruined" this game over a year ago as far as you're concerned... how long does it take for you to move on?

Yep, I'd say sometime after the first Halloween event was where the wheels began to fall off, thus I haven't fired up TF2 since the Engie update FYI...so a dumb assumption on your part.

:rolleyes:

I have as much basis to comment on the game as anyone here. So why are you still trolling when you should be hangin out in Hydro looking for item trades? :B

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
...and then there are times when I'll refresh the server list, join a server with, say, 27/32 people, and absolutely no one will be on. This even happens when I refresh the list twice, and filtering empty servers doesn't help. :con:

Servers can lie about their player count to get people to join. The fact that Valve hasn't figured out a way to fix this is somewhat annoying to me.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
rAt.8^].bAg;2482371 said:
Yep, I'd say sometime after the first Halloween event was where the wheels began to fall off, thus I haven't fired up TF2 since the Engie update FYI...so a dumb assumption on your part.

:rolleyes:

What? The only assumption i made was that you must've been upset with it for over a year now. Which you have pointed out is actually a correct assumption.

You are also clearly still upset about these changes even after a year so what exactly is incorrect about what I said?

My turn to Roll-eye-smiley... :rolleyes:

I have as much basis to comment on the game as anyone here. So why are you still trolling when you should be hangin out in Hydro looking for item trades? :B
I don't trade and I don't pay for aesthetic extras or DLC's in computer games i've already paid for and I didn't say you couldn't comment or have less basis to do so... I might point out some irony in the dumb-assumption department.

From what i recall the halloween update from last year only had a map with a ghost in the middle and a handful of achievements.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
:awkward:It also had the Ghastly Gibbus hat you got from cheevin' or dominating someone who is wearing it. :crysmile:

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008
Servers can lie about their player count to get people to join. The fact that Valve hasn't figured out a way to fix this is somewhat annoying to me.

Well that sucks. Has that been around for a long time? Has Valve addressed it at all?

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Well that sucks. Has that been around for a long time? Has Valve addressed it at all?

It has been around for quite a while. I don't think it has been addressed by Valve, but I don't really follow the forums or anything that closely.

You can check by doing a Server Info query before joining, though. That also means that Valve can verify the count and not rely on the server's report, however that would add a lot of computation to the server browser and probably degrade quality.

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
What? The only assumption i made was that you must've been upset with it for over a year now. Which you have pointed out is actually a correct assumption.

Making up as you go along?

You are also clearly still upset about these changes even after a year so what exactly is incorrect about what I said?

I didn't say you were incorrect in your comment about the changes since a year ago. More inventions by you so you can troll more.

I don't trade and I don't pay for aesthetic extras or DLC's in computer games i've already paid for and I didn't say you couldn't comment or have less basis to do so... I might point out some irony in the dumb-assumption department.

Again, more spin by you to keep an argument going. :yawn: I didn't say you were trading/buying items, I said that's what you should be doing instead of continuing your trolls here, since you seem so happy with the current state of TF2.

Try to get over yourself, and allow others to have their legitimate opinions.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
... Fine!

Ignore my perfectly rational posts, respond like I stamped on your cat and call me names!

What am I making up?
How am I wrong?
What spin?
What was "trolling" about what I said?

Answer those questions with answers rather than insults. It will save time!

Jeez!

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
rAt.8^].bAg;2482221 said:
Not unless you count when, for instance, ppl are supposed to be pushing the cart but there's a half dozen players over in a corner trying to make deals on items/hats, and clogging up in-game chat with it. Not in to play just trying to get "kewl!" items. :rolleyes: :tdown:

I haven't fired up TF2 since the Engie update FYI...so a dumb assumption on your part.

That's odd. They didn't roll out trading until after the Engineer update. Yet... you're complaining about people trading instead of playing.

Last edited:

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
That's odd. They didn't roll out trading until after the Engineer update. Yet... you're complaining about people trading instead of playing.

What part of, "I haven't fired up TF2 since the Engie update..." don't you understand? Or maybe I should have said sometime after the Engie update. Whatever. TF2 was on its downhill crash course well before then. Either way, from my prior posts you might have guessed the items glut and trading/buying fiasco was why, since many pretty much knew what was coming after Engie.

Or is it just 'selective comprehension' so you can continue to bash someone who doesn't like the game now?

Brilliant deduction, Sherlock. :B

Last edited: