Argh! Must...stop...upgrade...urge...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PainAmplifier

Evil by Example
Ok, I'm pretty laid back when it comes to PC upgrades. I usually can wait until the most recent thing is at least 1-2 years old before I even think about upgrading. My current PC is good enough that I don't think I'll have that "MUST upgrade" urge until (Unreal 3/Doom 4/Duke Nukem 4) or whatever is out, and I can get (Unreal 2/Doom 3/Duke Nukem Forever) in the bargain bin for $20. (Not that I'll necessarily wait that long...)

I do NOT feel the urge to play at "ultra_anti-aliased, 1800x2000, 128 bit, 500+ FPS, ad nauseum" on my 60 inch SuperDigital HDTV++ with 6th dimensional sound and auto-buttering popcorn popper attachment!

The GeForce 4? - Yawn. P4 2GHz - boring. Windows XP - No. Super-duper electronic widget (& pet delouser!) - Fergeddaboutit.

I did however feel a NASTY urge to "UPGRADE NOW!" When I saw this...

http://www.fcpa.com/cgi-bin/goFrames.cgi/company/press/pr_press.html

FWIW - I just bought the 1.3GB version ~6 months ago...and now the 2.3GB version is coming out?! For the first time since the Voodoo1 appeared, I have the urge to upgrade NOW. I had planned a leisurely upgrade to a dual proc/win2k<>Linux dual booter (mobo+proc ONLY) sometime 2003, but now all I can say is:

Pray for me BuF'ers, for the Spirit is willing but the Flesh is weak.