The Inf Site Is Evil... Evil I Say!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Da RicK

Stubid newpie
Apr 26, 2001
Next to Santa
wtf is wrong with those?

frontpage isn't really professional but you can make nice stuff with it if you can handle the programm

and frames are just great in some situations

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
But Frontpage is made by ze big evil Mykro$oft sooo it is EVIL ... ;)

btw :
And didn't you read the news from 15-12-2001 on the frontpage ?
in the near future. A lot of new content will be made available in the coming weeks, including a brand new website design, so stay tuned!!

[121st]Calvin

You will die, sooner or later
Apr 2, 2001
Germany
www.infiltrationmod.de
You know what is paradox?!

www.microsoft.com is NOT made with MS Frontpage
corkysm18.gif

"You see the irony." "Yeah, yeah!" (Seinfeld)

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
And IIRC they don't use their own server-software either : makes one wonder, or doesn't it ? ;)

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I can't resist...

Since MS programs MS software they know of wich quality MS software is. Therefore is logical that MS dosn't use MS software... :D :D :D

[121st]Calvin

You will die, sooner or later
Apr 2, 2001
Germany
www.infiltrationmod.de
Just an idea but ... I think Beppo should made a diary like Linus Torwalds did and sell it to INF Fans. That would be kewl...
Like the phrase where he describes that he cannot differentiate whether it's day or night...
biglaugh.gif

2_SeeK_U

uni.... meh...
The reason microsofts page is NOT made with Frontpage is that they pay people to make there site for them, Alot of great Webmasters use text only editors.

And the reason for ms servers running on Linux is obvvious, its safer AND faster. Thats why alot of INF servers run on Linux.

Frontpage sucks anyway.... DREAMWEAVER RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
Well, I have been using FP for most of my life, as well as MS PhotoDraw and PhotoEdit instead of Photoshop... I am perfectly comfortable with MS's software. I haven't had any problems, and it all more or less integrates with every other program I use... Flash, Fireworks... everything.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
exept that frontpage has the tendency to have problems showing correctly in other browsers, seeing as it sometimes "accidentaly" implements MSHTML (yes M$ made their own HTML version used by no other browsers, well maybe SO since that reads EVERYTHING).

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
What other browsers ? ;)
If you've got Windows you're "forced" to use IE (only computerfreaks would be willing to exorcise IE from their OS and replace it with a 100% W3-compliant browser).

Netscape did exactly the same thing as MS (they created their own extensions that were incompatible with IE).

IceWeasel

Linux fanatic
Dec 10, 2000
Germany
You don't believe that MS servers run Linux, do you? Ever read the Halloween documents or other confidential memos?? They most certainly run a UNIX implementation by HP, Sun or others, but not Linux... ;)

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Originally posted by A_Rimmerlister
What other browsers ? ;)
If you've got Windows you're "forced" to use IE (only computerfreaks would be willing to exorcise IE from their OS and replace it with a 100% W3-compliant browser).

Netscape did exactly the same thing as MS (they created their own extensions that were incompatible with IE).

Former Opera, current Mozilla usere here. You don't have to "exorcise" IE from your PC. You just have to lock it in a cage and make shure it can't break out again. /me loves his aplication firewall :)

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Uh, I hate to burst the extensions party here but the latest version of Netscape is less compliant to W3C standards than Microsoft's IE. I've seen JavaScript 1.2-compliant code that runs fine in IE6, but blows NS6 up. I guess Netscape doesn't give a hoot about backwards-compatibility.