Infiltration and StrikeForce

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

ShakKen

Beppo: Sokay =) Most of us who read allot of manga get abit 'sensitive' when discussing western comicbooks. LIKE THAT MANGA WANNABE DARK MINDS! Can you say GROMMIT?!

urm... I will shut up now.

Catalyst: WORD! ^_^

R

Repairman_Jack

I agree with Rally completely on the original version Cz-75.

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--an armed society is a
polite society-

S

ShakKen

That is one strange weapon=) First Czech made gun to fire NATO approved ammunition. I like the newer CZ-100. Of course, I'm a hopeless GLOCK fan. ^_^

I

INF_Neo

Why do you like Glock that much? (I can't remember. Is it Switzerland or Germany)

------------------
Anybody out there knows what a Tigger is?

R

Repairman_Jack

Austria actually. I like the Glock, I just like other weapons better.

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--an armed society is a
polite society-

C

Catalyst

I like how the Glocks look. All sharp and pointy n stuff /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif Maybe someday we'll sneak one into Infiltration.

D

deathren

Who says american comics are bad?!?!?!?!?! ry readibng Calvin and Hobbes! Calvin and Hobbes ins't uninteresting! (Calvin and Hobbes are the only good american comics I ever seen tho!)

S

ShakKen

sorry, not american comic strips, just american comics. the serious ones like spider man, x-men, you know, all the ones where the main character is more or less a superhero and/or has a craving for spandex attire.

E

Evil_Joe

I am a level designer from SF. I would like to say first off that all the arguments for SF being a better TC then any other mod/TC or the inverse lack credibility in that there isn't even a beta out yet. No one outside the team has played the TC yet so therefore cannot make any accurate judgements other then "looks" either way. I assure everyone that we are all working hard and smoothly to produce this mod (I myself personally work 4-6 hours a day on my levels on top of doing all my college work.) We do make an effort to respond quickly to posts on our forum. This happens in part becuase we do have a large team.

As to the gentleman who would like to port maps over. I would ask (but cannot stop it as long as it is not being distrubeted illegally or sold for money) that my maps NOT be ported. If you think they suck and don't deserve to be ported that is fine. If you like them and like to play them, then play them on SF that is what they are designed for.

As far as originality SF is as original as any other game/mod/ or tc. In the development of anything from movies, to skyscrapers to video games a certain amount of building upon the established foundation of already established creations takes place. This happens in anything. I assure you that there are many things both small and little changes that make Sf very original that cannot be experienced by anyone till the play the beta. As we have just started the project a month ago and it is a large project it will be some time before a beta is released. In the meantime don't compare us, cause you can't until you play it.

I would also like to say that I do not bash any game or mod. I like 3 person shooters alot. Infiltration, CS, and serpatine are some of my favorite mods but I am no fanatic. I don't swear my allegiance like some nutcase to any of them *G*. Nor will I do the same to SF. It's crazy and a little ignorant. In closing I appreciate the time the developers of Inf and CS and all those other mods have taken to bring these games to the community so they CAN play them and yell about which is better to people on these forums. I understand first hand all the work that goes into development. In the meantime everyone game on!

I

INF_Neo

Hello, fellow guest! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I understand you don't want people to play your SF maps in other mods but you won't be able to prevent them from doing that.
But I don't think that'll happen too often. We've also got our designer crew of very talented mappers so I don't believe there'll be a need of SF maps.

Feel free to come back as often as you want. We're not a community that's fanatic, we'd like to be friends or at least be neutral to everyone out there.
This topic is not too serious in my opinion. We don't hate SF, it's just a new interesting competition to have another group of people that want to create a MOD/TC that's some kind of similar to ours. Some people in our community fear that they'll lose members to your team and post topics like this one. But for it's sure that this won't happen, our team members stay calm and concentrate on their work.
And even if we lose people from our community, hey, they're free people.

I have one last bidding to my and the SF community.
Please stop making the other MOD down, okay? We do our work and they do theirs.

Competition is good but only a good and clean one.
I've read ranting in your forum and I've read ranting in our forum.

For my community: please stop that.
I'd appreciate if you told that your community too.

Thanks

Neo

E

Evil_Joe

Wells said Neo. I will TRY to prevent game bashing in our forum but its one of those things that's kind of hard to stop. What really burns me on any forum is when people don't have their facts straight. On our forum most of the bashing is between CS and SF but little bashing has actually been taking place... knock on wood that it continues that way. I was totally unaware untill tonight that people where even comparing Inflitration to SF. On our board most people have been comparing CS and SF and sometimes Action Quake. Who knows, who cares they are all good games its just a matter of preference *G*.

As far as loosing team members either way I don't really see that happening... so I don't know why the people here are so afraid... I mean once you start on something that you care about its kind of hard to just leave it. *G* But I guess that's how people think when they are uninformed.

In response to the "comic book" concept art. well our models in SF look nothing at all like the drawings. For a better idea of what they will look like look at the player model at our site. And yes that is the ingame model and yes it will work in the game. If that is not a realistic enough model for you then I don't know what is.

Well in closing-for the second time-I'd like to thank Neo for the warm welcome and the rest of the Inflitration staff for bringing yet another great mod to the table.

S

ShakKen

Hi Evil_Joe!

Sorry if you feel that too many members on this UBB are being harsh towards your TC. But take it lightly. Most of the other guys are just using other mods as comedy subject matter. ^_^

SF looks to be a great mod! It's an ignorant attitude saying that amongst the mods one must fall and one must be king. The more mods the merrier! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work and say Hi to Raven for me!(Oh wait, he's on my ICQ list. Never mind^_^)

/ShakKen

[This message has been edited by ShakKen (edited 01-22-2000).]

U

Uncle Dukey

oh and while we're on the subject.. please don't start a Infiltration vs Counter-Strike debate okay? I'm not in the mood. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BTW:

Anyone here play Counter-Strike? It seems to have a love/hate relationship with people. I personally really enjoy it.

D

disturbed

Counterstrike is cool. It certainly has some real high quality maps, one of which Raekwon is bringing to us soon (woohoo)! The first Internet game of CS I played I seriously owned up on everyone. It couldn't hurt that I was playing on the same machine as the server and it was a 500Mhz PIII with a Riva TNT 2, but still.

------------------
Jon Merriman
The Research Center
http://rc.gamersreality.com/

A

AgentSmith

Do I win some sort of award for the longest talked about post or something.. This post has 3 pages to it!!

W

Wanderer

As you guys should know CS isn't about realism, it's about gameplay. And even that's screwed.

Plus those maps are the cream of the crop. If you've ever played any of the maps that don't come with the map pack then you begin to see all of the shit that's been spewed up.

K

Kibbles-N-Bits

CS seems to have stolen from INF. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

---------
When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
---------
=============
ICQ #62051391
=============