Ukraine

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
That's what you get when the West finds it appropriate to support equally corrupt opposition, alongside Islamists and Neo-Nazis ...

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
I really feel for the civilians there. But I am also amazed by the behavior of their police forces that eventually stopped siding with the president and went to support the protesters. Takes some balls to do that if one was brainwashed into shooting them in the first place.

Sadly, I don't believe Russia will meet any *actual* opposition from the Western nations, especially the USA & the UK. They never do anything unless their territory is in direct jeopardy (remember both World Wars?).

I think I'll take a Russian language course. I have a feeling it might become handy.

If it weren't for all that carnage, I'd probably not even care - after all it doesn't really matter who's the president or what's the official language, as long as you have access to healthcare, education, jobs and affordable food. But this is going obviously overboard.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
They are all FOOLS. Joining EU? One worse than other. Killing civilians because of wanting to join EU. EU is the new nazi rise. Now they want cars to be stoppe dby a press of a button(which can be abused in so many ways and when the dictatorship settles theyll use it to stop anyone who differs or wnts to escape EU) an to pay for each km, they can enter houses and raid just because of report of illegal immigrant/suspicion and use accidental finds and jail you if they don't like you. All for totalitarian control. It's time to put an end to that and EU. Ukraine should try to be self reliant an forget about EU and Russia altogether.

Don't let the history repeat itself. FIGHT!

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
In a perfect world... Boy, you really need to look at this realistically. They can't be self-reliant, in fact the only country that is foolish enough to claim self-reliance is Northern Korea, look where that got'em. It's all about business, import, export, the works. But onto the topic: they can either voluntarily join EU, or voluntarily submit to Russia, if they don't do anything, Russia will take over, either by brute force or economical violence. I ain't saying it's right, but self-reliance isn't an option in the current business model most of the world follows.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Then screw the world model! Let's reinvent wheels.
Otherwise nothing will change and the world will plummet down totalitarian government.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
This has honestly been coming for a long time now, ever since Yanukovych was declared guilty of rigging the 2004 election everyone knew it would only come to this.

It's pretty much the soviet legacy to all of the baltic region: unchecked corruption and political insanity.
And now that Putin (THE corrupt extremist bastard in the area) has pledged troops, we're pretty much staring down a new cold war crisis.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Sadly, I don't believe Russia will meet any *actual* opposition from the Western nations, especially the USA & the UK. They never do anything unless their territory is in direct jeopardy (remember both World Wars?).

Going all out with Russia will never be an option as long as there are large nuclear arsenals.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
This has honestly been coming for a long time now, ever since Yanukovych was declared guilty of rigging the 2004 election everyone knew it would only come to this.

It's pretty much the soviet legacy to all of the baltic region: unchecked corruption and political insanity.
And now that Putin (THE corrupt extremist bastard in the area) has pledged troops, we're pretty much staring down a new cold war crisis.
And why is it so? how exactly is our business to overthrow a gov in Ukraine and support Neo-nazis taking over?

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
An economic deal with the EU (what sparked the protests) is the equivalent of neo-nazi takeover? It seemed like a pretty textbook example of 'people want one thing, government conspired another, gets overthrown'.

Hell, it was one of the most peaceful revolutions we have seen in years, especially considering the Arab Spring and how violent they have been. Only for a few days in the very end did it get violent for Ukraine. There wasn't even much of a worry about mass instability and civil war until Russia upped the ante with unmarked troops (pretty sure they are Russian).

Can't say I wouldn't do the same as a Ukrainian either. The European economy is still much stronger than Russia's, and siding with them as a trading partner is only logical to boost their economy. Again, its why this whole thing started in the first place. Ukrainians see better future prospects as trading partners with the EU.

Last edited:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Don't start worrying yet, but...

Putin knows the West don't want him getting involved militarily, but there's not a lot they can actually do about it. At the same time, Putin doesn't want to provoke the West.

I think the ball is very much is Obama's court. He needs to have as much restraint as he's urging Putin to have. If he takes the bait then we're going to start living in "interesting times" very quickly.

If we see any NATO military build-up of any kind whatsoever heading for the Bosphorus, then it's time to start stocking up on canned food...

This was going to happen. The only question is how far down the rabbit hole we're going to end up.

EDIT - UPDATE

Ukraine has now escalated it's response and has ordered full military mobilisation, with it's armed forces now on "full combat readiness". NATO has called and emergency crisis meeting for 12GMT Source

And now that Putin (THE corrupt extremist bastard in the area)

I think Alexander Lukashenko might have him pegged on that one, but you can't argue with the general sentiment.

Last edited:

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Lukashenko isn't head of a world superpower, Putin is. Lukashenko's corrupt practices don't have as much an influence on the rest of the world as dear Volodia Putin's...

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Crazy vs Crazy

Lukashenko isn't head of a world superpower, Putin is. Lukashenko's corrupt practices don't have as much an influence on the rest of the world as dear Volodia Putin's...

I wasn't for a second stating that he was more of a potential global threat, just saying that he's probably just edging ahead in terms of crazy dictator points.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
In that case neither of these gentlemen comes close. There's always a certain Kim (aren't they all) Jong-Un... :D

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
It's EU who are the fascist overlords. It's a larger USSR than Russians could have hoped.
So many checks everywhere, so much tracking so much privacy lost. That's what's EU is doing. Cars to be shut down by press of a button and when borders get closed nobody will leave. And the anti immigrant cloaked with excuses and lies.
All lies. And nobody of you can see it. All the filtered and controlled media and you are eating it like pigs.
PIGS
And soon you'll get chopped anyway.