GameCube Sweetness Personified(watch out 56kers)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
Heres two promising games coming out for the cube...both very mature oriented if you ask me

Soul Caliber 2

sc2_07.jpg

sc2_05.jpg

sc2_19.jpg

sc2_09.jpg

I do'nt know if you can tell by the pics, but all their clothes actually move when the charecter does!

Resident Evil

regc_13.jpg

regc_01.jpg

regc_15.jpg

Resident evil supposedly has the most revolutionary lighting effects in any game so far(for computer as well)

It was swaying lamps...moving shadows....and everythign is 3d, not rendered pics like in the old res. evils. and now theres entrance/exit wounds on teh zombies, and you can actually see the knife penetrate now....pretty sweet

also the charecters fingers are all seperate with actual joints so when they grab something their hand wraps around it as if real life

kiddy cube my ass :)

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
I may have to buy a GC just for the new RE games.

I am the biggest RE fan you'll ever meet, I own all the PS RE games (even the crappy ones) and have even read the RE books!

-=<<NRA>>=-

Jul 6, 2000
I'de have to agree. The RE series was pretty much the only reason I got a GC. I cant wait. I think im the runner-up biggest fan ;)

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Resident Evil GC uses pre-rendered backgrounds, dude. The first shot is a clear enough indication of that. Look at the difference in lighting between the zombie model and the surrounding environment.

All Capcom ever said was that the trailer shown wasn't FMV. They never claimed that the backgrounds weren't pre-rendered.

-Keiichi

MJACK

Mar 14, 2000
Lexington, MA, USA
Visit site
Soul Calibur 2 is coming out for every console, so that's not exactly an advantage GC has over other consoles. RE uses a mix of prerendered backrounds with real-time lighting effects. Still, it looks mighty impressive and I think this will be the game that really starts to sell GC consoles.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
// Soul Calibur 2 :
So what their clothes move ? DOA2 for the DC had that too ...
btw : the hit-detection-system seems way of in those pictures.
They seem to miss by a mile and there is some kind of 'white flash' to indicate a hit ??? Weird ...

// RE for the GC ...
sjees, isn't it about time that series was killed.
It might have better graphics ... but unless they change the control-system & get rid of those "cinematic" camera-angles this is one game I don't want to see resurrected ... ever again.

I wish they'd spent some time on creating something original instead of wasting their time with this POS .

Buddy_Pickle

Fffeeerrrtt!!!
Jan 30, 2000
West Jordan Utah
www.myextralife.com
You need to see this thing in motion Keechey. It looks like RE for the GameCube can really do what that pic says...without pre-render...I have a video somewhere...anyone know which one I am talking about? It looked like pre-rendered backdrops at first, till Chris started running around in it...it blew me out of my chair.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
ah thank you pickle :)

it truly is amazing

and rimmerjob...or whatever your name is...

youre really picking at the games trying to make them seem crappy...the hit detection system is off? go download a movie of it and tell me that.

and saying resident evil is a ****ty game just shows how completely stupid your reasons are.

you may have found the two ****tiest problems with a game...ones that aren't even there.

at least keichi had actual information(although im still pretty sure taht its not rendered because alot of the environment is interactive...ie moving trees, and the lighting changes)

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Pickle, I'm positive that the backgrounds are pre-rendered. Parts of the environment are realtime, allowing for some limited interaction, but the majority of it is pre-rendered.

All the movies I've seen of it showed nothing but static backgrounds. I've never once seen the camera pan or follow the player.

-Keiichi

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
They aren't pre-rendered.... nuff said.

That's 100% GameCube photo-quality texturing there. The PS2 can take that and cram it up it's texture pipeline. :D

Catalyst

science begets death
Jul 18, 1999
CA, USA
Dank, you rock. I'm a huge RE fan as well, although I don't personally own all the games, I have played them all and I just love the feel and look of the games.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by JonnyBoyDT
and rimmerjob...or whatever your name is...
It's Rimmerlister or JaFO ... is it soo hard to copy&paste a name correctly ?

youre really picking at the games trying to make them seem crappy...the hit detection system is off? go download a movie of it and tell me that.
I only said that it *looked* weird in those static pictures.

and saying resident evil is a ****ty game just shows how completely stupid your reasons are.

you may have found the two ****tiest problems with a game...ones that aren't even there.
So my personal opinion doesn't count ? That's not 'real' enough for you ?
And those things might have been 'little' problems for you, for me any user-interface that keeps me from enjoying a game is a pretty major problem to ME.

IMHO one's personal opinion is what matters when it comes to deciding what games/consoles to buy.
And IMHO they really could have used their time to create something NEW instead ...
That's not just the GC's problem, but all the other consoles & the pc have the same frelling problem. endless repeats instead of innovation .. :morety:
If all they want to use this new technology for is rehashing the same old games people played ages ago ... then why do they even bother making new hardware ...

MJACK

Mar 14, 2000
Lexington, MA, USA
Visit site
Nah, Keiichi's right, it's definitely pre-rendered, but the backrounds have lots of movement, shadowing, and lighting effects going on in them. From watching the movie, you wouldn't even know it, though, and realtime or not, it still looks damn impressive. This game <i>will</i> sell consoles. Look at all the hype and sales MGS2 garnered, and RE is a more popular series and the GC incarnation looks more impressive than MGS2 does (the average consumer isn't going to care if it's realtime or not).

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by Keiichi
Parts of the environment are realtime, allowing for some limited interaction, but the majority of it is pre-rendered.

-Keiichi

I guess that makes sense actually...I just didn't know that you could do such dramatic lighting effects with a prerendered shot.

on an off topic note...today at blockbuster he had 16 ps2 games stolen....everytime i saw a box lying on the ground I sorta chuckled thinking how keech is buying the stolen games at funcoland :)