UT3 Custom Skeleton Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sevisin

Jul 10, 2009
Hello,

I'm a student and I'm having problems with a few things in UT3 and I'm wondering if you can help.

I use Maya as my 3d software with ActorX as my exporter.

My scenario:
For starters, I've been having a hard time finding resources/tutorials to assist me so I've been going one small step at a time trying to learn through trial-and-error and with what little resources I've been able to dig up. I've been able to create a custom character, skinned it to a pre-made skeleton, and was able to get that successfully into the game. Now, I'm trying to create a custom character with a custom rig and with custom animations for a project my class is working on. Before I go large-scale, I'm doing small-scale tests. My current test is to create a psudo-wing and import it into the game. I feel if I can do that, i can move on to what i've been assigned to. I can create the skeleton, create the character, and animate the character. I (theoretically) successfully exported the model and animations from Maya and import them into the UT3 editor. I'm able to see the model with the animations in the Animation Set Editor in the UT3 Editor. That is when I hit the brick wall. I'm not sure what the next step would be.

So my question is as follows:
How can i add custom bones to the pre-made skeleton in UT3?

I hope you can help. Thank you.