So...Battlefield 4 sucks?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I had fun playing the demo, but I was waiting to see if any of my friends started playing before shelling out for it. I'm assuming that the lack of threads here says that the game wasn't any good?

We're noticing a huge influx of players into Planetside 2 right now. It seems like the BF4 players got sick of the poor netcode, and are all moving over.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
From the reports I have read it is extremely buggy still, even after the last big patch. So buggy in fact that class action lawsuits have been filed. Lol Nerds

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
it's actually my least favorite Battlefield of the entire series.
the scripted rail shooting sequences are getting out of hand. and I thought CoD was bad for stereotyping. these mass-market FPS are turning into little more than slightly interactive Hollywood movies.

Battlefield 4 won't even let you turn off the music ingame (which is how I prefer to play) because the narrative aspect has officially taken precedence to gameplay. I'm glad I pirated this one. nothing to lose.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
From the reports I have read it is extremely buggy still, even after the last big patch. So buggy in fact that class action lawsuits have been filed. Lol Nerds

The class action lawsuit is not for those who bought BF4, but for people who bought EA stock right before release (and the stock price went down after the game was released).

I haven't played it as I had a fair share of performance issues with BF3 so I decided that I will skip any Frostbite-powered game at least during it's first year. Turns out I was right - I've seen so much threads, videos about various glitches and bugs in BF4 that my resolution only gets stronger. Seeing the Frostbite-powered NFS: Rivals forums also helped.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I intended to wait on this one. definitely not worth to buy the gimped version for x360 and my pc is not up to snuff right now. My friends ( on 360 and ps4 say its a blast but they'd say anything to justify a stupid buy).

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
It's a step up from BF3. It runs smoother for me and it added back the commander mode, which is great. The bugginess that people are complaining about is mostly on the consoles, though the PC still has glitches (but no more, really, than any BF game, which is always got problems). People will complain about the netcode, but that's simply all BF games. When you have 64 people running/driving/flying around and the bullets are real objects and not hitscan (which is one of the defining features of the series), there are some problems that are unavoidable (and really, only piss off people going for higher k/d ratios and just want that part to be as tight as an arena shooter, which it isn't.

I've enjoyed it so far (MP only, why even bother with the horrible, crap SP?), though I haven't had as much time as I'd like to really dig into it.

I'm having a great time with it. Even though my pc is crap, everything is on lowest settings (mainly due to me blowing apart my video card fan with an air compressor), I still have a lot of fun it. I'm getting better at it. Not as good as I was in BC2 where I'd be in the top 3 players, but I attribute my lack of 'winning' to my shitty PC that over heats.

Still a fun game though. Much better than CoD.

Battlefield 4 won't even let you turn off the music ingame (which is how I prefer to play) because the narrative aspect has officially taken precedence to gameplay. I'm glad I pirated this one. nothing to lose.

You must be thinking of CoD Ghosts, because I have the music turned off in BF4, and you can't adjust the volume in CoD Ghosts (well you can, but everything is one slider, so if you turn down the music, you turn down the whole game...seriously wtf)

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
you must be right.

I'm the odd one out, anyhow.
I play this crap for the singleplayer experience, because I get my multiplayer fix from shit like FIFA, Madden, GTA 5, coop games like Borderlands, etc.

but I definitely know that one of the recent mass shooters really struck a bad chord with me. you couldn't disable music and there was a cutscene around every other corner. it was absurd.

you must be right.

I'm the odd one out, anyhow.
I play this crap for the singleplayer experience, because I get my multiplayer fix from shit like FIFA, Madden, GTA 5, coop games like Borderlands, etc.

but I definitely know that one of the recent mass shooters really struck a bad chord with me. you couldn't disable music and there was a cutscene around every other corner. it was absurd.

I don't play the SP of Battlefield games, so I don't know about the cut scenes. The SP for CoD is terrible past the first hour. These games are meant for MP. CoD is like an arcade shooter, whereas BF seems to be more "PC" oriented I guess you say. The maps are larger and take awhile to cross, while CoD you can run across the whole map in 30 seconds.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I'm really disappointed through. I'm still waiting for the next shooter to play together like many did with MWII, L4D, and Borderlands. Doesn't seem to be coming.

Well, I don't remember BC2 having that many bugs and performance issues.

I remember Battlefield 1942 going from one of the most played games to completely dead in a month due to bad patches. So it's not totally unexpected imo.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Surprisingly I enjoyed the SP campaign for BF4. All standard complaints of course, but I knew what it was when I picked it up.