Map suggestions for FragBU

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Please not Joust or TrainingDay. I never liked Joust, and Trainingday is just ridiculously small especially with UT3's spammy weapons.

Campgrounds will be good, but I'd prefer one that has a bit of looks (2k8) as opposed to the plain, bare-bones remake. (III)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I figured you of all people would be against maps where snipers and shock beams were viable, maybe even preferable, means of attack. :p

Camp2k8 is scaled similar to Slainchild's version. In fact, I can almost guarantee that's the map this guy was using for inspiration. It's bigger than the original and the G1E/VE2 versions.

i_hax

member since Jan07... didn't survive
Jan 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
CampgroundsIII is much better than the 2k8 version and it's properly scaled. It's a proper remake of the Q3 version instead of one more concerned about visuals.

Not sure if this is the final release or not, but: http://www.midnightgaming.net/ut3redirect/maps/DM-CampGroundsIII.zip

Agreed. CampgroundsIII is far better.

If im not mistakenly playing another remake, the 2k8 version is pitiful - too large and badly scaled in general (hard to make the jump to sniper,etc) and you have ridiculous amounts of air control. You can go off a jump plate, go one direction, and then completely reverse your trajectory while still in the air.:rolleyes:

I'd also vote for Deck-FPS if it isn't already mentioned. The stock Deck likes to drop me to sub-45fps at random, with a F'in 8800GTS 512mb.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
CampgroundsIII is much better than the 2k8 version and it's properly scaled. It's a proper remake of the Q3 version instead of one more concerned about visuals.

Not sure if this is the final release or not, but: http://www.midnightgaming.net/ut3redirect/maps/DM-CampGroundsIII.zip
Agreed. CampgroundsIII is far better.

If im not mistakenly playing another remake, the 2k8 version is pitiful - too large and badly scaled in general (hard to make the jump to sniper,etc) and you have ridiculous amounts of air control. You can go off a jump plate, go one direction, and then completely reverse your trajectory while still in the air.:rolleyes:

Yeah I had a chance to have a decent look at 2k8 version and I agree, its more like grendlegrounds or something :lol:

Im not really a fan of the III version either, its certainly better than the 2k8 but my favourite so far is the quake 4 version I rekon :)

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Campgrounds will be good, but I'd prefer one that has a bit of looks (2k8) as opposed to the plain, bare-bones remake. (III)

I disagree fine sir!
The III version looks fine on max details & the scale/feel/look is 'better' albeit 'different' from any previous version... it's not Camp as we're used to it but i agree with T2A that it's the best so far.

You're right about Training Day tho so don't cry too much ;)

edit// ofc we could have both & argue bitterly on TS whenever either of them get voted for :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.