Traditional Deathmatch?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

joejubee

Oct 19, 2005
Is there a way to play a traditional dealthmatch with the most recent version of INF? I know on an older version you can, but on this version, I don't see the option...

I really like this version of the game, but without deathmatching, respawning, running and gunning, I get bored. Especially with the bots and stuff...

thanks,

Joe
jrothschild@cdc.gov

PS- SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST!

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
You can use the 'INF - Deathmatch' gametype, look for the dropdown box on the mission menu. The problem is it won't work well at all with most maps since they only have team spawns. All I can reccommend is to try out Silver_Ibex's enhanced Inf 2.75, which will happily co-exist with 2.9.

Double post easily fixed :).

joejubee

Oct 19, 2005
Thanks for the quick responses... I'll try tonight...

Couple of questions: Silver_Ibex's enhanced Inf 2.75... Is this different from the regular 2.75 that I'm running? If so, I'll go find it. (feel free to post a link here)

right now I'm running 2.75, and when I install 2.85 (or whatever the current version is) it will copy over 2.75 yes? So I assume Silver_Ibex's enhanced Inf 2.75 will not copy over/get copied over?

After all the installations and cursing and drinking, I assume that I launch UT normally, and in the dropdown there will be two INF options? One 2.75, and one 2.85?

Last- What's the "deathmatch conversion mutator?" What's it do, and how's it work?

I know that you'll all say, "Just get off your butt, try it and if you have a brain, you should figure it out..." But I'm just curious...

Joe

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
The Extended edition of 2.75 copies over the regular mutator, it has many improvements such as better Bot support.

If you don’t like the Extended 2.75, reinstalling the old version is just as easy.
:cheers:
see my sig below for link

utplayer99

Oct 11, 2005
I found a way to play a traditional deathmatch in UT99 using the INF2.75 mod with the INF2.9 maps. Just alter your UnrealTournament.ini file to:

Code:
[Core.System]
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Paths=../Maps/*.unr
Paths=../Maps/*.u
Paths=../Infiltration/System/*.u
Paths=../Infiltration/Maps/*.u
Paths=../Infiltration/Maps/*.unr
Paths=../Infiltration/Maps/*.utx
Paths=../Infiltration/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Infiltration/Textures/Camos/*.utx
Paths=../Infiltration/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Infiltration/Music/*.umx
SavePath=../Save
CachePath=../Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
Suppress=DevLoad
Suppress=DevSave
Suppress=DevNetTraffic
Suppress=DevGarbage
Suppress=DevKill
Suppress=DevReplace
Suppress=DevSound
Suppress=DevCompile
Suppress=DevBind
Suppress=DevBsp

The weapons remain the 2.75 weapons, but it is fun to play the INF2.9 maps at a faster pace (traditional deathmatch).
You will need to have both INF 2.75 and 2.9 installed. Just load a 2.75 game like you normally would, but you'll notice you have imported all INF maps.

Last edited:

joejubee

Oct 19, 2005
Thanks guys,

I'm blasting away and loving it. That Ibex mutator is great too! Too bad there's not a way to use 2.9 weapons in 2.75... The weapons and graphics are so much better in 2.9, but the overall game control through the UT interface is much nicer in 2.75... Woe is me.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions. I'll try the map thing tonight. (Do you still have access to the other UT maps when you do that?)

Last, do any of you have any suggestions for a "breaking glass" mod? What I mean by that is a mod/map with better breaking glass effects? There's nothing better than blasting away at a bot and seeing the glass around him explode... Not the traditional one shot, all glass gone, but a progressive thing. Just dreaming, I guess.

thanks again for all your time.

Joe