UT Krall Player UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Krall Player UT v1.1

This is an old project of mine that I forgot about until now. It has team skins and talk textures for the krall, krall elite, beta krall, and beta krall elite. Its animations aren't perfect for UT, but for the most part it looks decent.

Credit goes to Winged Unicorn for the animation code and Haadstall for the skin code.

The update reduces the krall's collision radius/collision height and adds a bot class.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xwd8two4zsd2vmk

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I tried it, have trouble getting to tight corridors though (worse than the skaarjboss for example) and the mesh was exported using utpt or something right? I see the lightmaps are wrong sometimes, makes the mesh look sharper when it isn't. I actually have all the original meshes, if you want them that is. The 227 OU patch also exports them somewhat right though. The angle of the weapon is wrong sometimes too, but apart from that it is nice. Liked the skin variants too.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
I used UTPT to extract everything. Can the meshes you have be imported into 3DS Max? I haven't had any luck with getting vertex meshes to keep their UV maps when I convert them to other formats.

I used a lot of default properties from MCoop2, so that's probably why the collision is messed up. I would have tried to fix the weapon direction problem, but I lost my source files a while ago.

Do something similar for the brutes and I'm gonna love you already. :D

I hope to give skeletal animations to a bunch of different pawns, so maybe that will happen.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I used UTPT to extract everything. Can the meshes you have be imported into 3DS Max? I haven't had any luck with getting vertex meshes to keep their UV maps when I convert them to other formats.

I used a lot of default properties from MCoop2, so that's probably why the collision is messed up. I would have tried to fix the weapon direction problem, but I lost my source files a while ago.

They are standard .3D format like the other unreal meshes. The problem is UTPT messes stuff up, it is not proper exporting, it's more of a hack.

krallmdl.rar
That is the source model.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Okay, I put the files where they needed to go and tried running a game and UT crashed. Figured a glitch, tried again; same result.

Something in the KrallPlayerUT files makes ut99 not want to run. It may or4 may not matter but I was trying to play MonsterHunt.
e45f8f5ce54da528e37dec2dafeaaaee_large.jpg

Thanks for the texture file though, I'll be hanging onto that.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
They are standard .3D format like the other unreal meshes. The problem is UTPT messes stuff up, it is not proper exporting, it's more of a hack.

Thanks, but I haven't been able to import that model into 3DS Max while keeping its UV maps. I remember reading something about Blender being able to import those files, but I haven't been able to find that information for a while.

Okay, I put the files where they needed to go and tried running a game and UT crashed. Figured a glitch, tried again; same result.

Something in the KrallPlayerUT files makes ut99 not want to run. It may or4 may not matter but I was trying to play MonsterHunt.
e45f8f5ce54da528e37dec2dafeaaaee_large.jpg

Thanks for the texture file though, I'll be hanging onto that.

So this crash happened after you selected the Krall? Did it work once you chose another player class? Could you send me your UnrealTournament log file?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Thanks, but I haven't been able to import that model into 3DS Max while keeping its UV maps. I remember reading something about Blender being able to import those files, but I haven't been able to find that information for a while.

So this crash happened after you selected the Krall? Did it work once you chose another player class? Could you send me your UnrealTournament log file?

Yes I believe you need blender, as for that crash he is having it is beacuse the playerstart is at tight place. That's why the resizing is needed, although I made a little mutator(with help) fixing that stuff for killerbee's monsterhunt with monstercoop in it.

PawnShrinker.rar
That is PawnShrinker, this does not fix the start problems but allow you to resize when you play as monsters using a command.
ShrinkerPlusUpd.rar
This one instead resizes the pawn by defaulkt when you want to go back to its original size just use pawnshrinker with it and execute the command.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=190331

I believe it only works for the specific classes though as I added checks for them especially.

Last edited:

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
didn't get that far

I tried playing as the Krall and that was the issue. It might've worked on a bot but I didn't think to try that.

Ut99 started working again as soon as I deleted the 2 KrallPlayerUT files.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
New version? Did you change the main link?

*goes to try*

It works.

Like the taunt moves are mostly from the dice rolling game.

Y'know, there's a Krall voicepack for UT3 that's been ported to ut2004. Any chance you'll adapt that for this model?

Last edited:

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Personally, I don't see the point. I don't think the UT3 Krall is very similar to the original, and people can just download the model and the voice separately if they really want to.

Last edited: