Maps that deserve the Big Nap

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shiftless

jalalabad-ass
Jun 5, 2001
san fran
Some Infiltration maps, such as Sicily and Kazahkstan, are timeless and remain fun after playing them countless times. Others age as badly as Pamela Anderson Lee. Which maps would you like to see put to sleep and retired from servers?

I vote:

MWH - everything a cqb map shouldn't be. utterly stale, rewards base camping and indiscriminate nading over decent play. TK city.

DStrike - ugly, one-sided, rewards base camping and indiscriminate nading over decent play.

Scramble - without a staircase to the roof of the elevator building, every round deteriorates into a contest to kill the jerk camping at the top of the elevator before time runs out.

What's on your list?

- shiftless

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
Oh, and what ever happened to blackwings and that train yard map? No one plays those oldies anymore. 2.75 was messed. The-Hill and Ceetak. Oh well.

Anrky

Frag you... Frag you very much...
Nov 28, 2000
Canada, up is ****ING Cold North!
I missed some of the other classic maps that I used to play on 2.75... bu they need the treatment... like Bunkers an pstation

maps I'd like to see re-done:

The Hill
Base714
Ceetak
BlackWings
Training ground
Prison

yayaya!

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
I love scramble, I had so many good times on that as red, and have won some and lost some.

MWH: It is too nady. Kill it.

Bite the Teeth II whatever: That isn't even a realistic map, ignoring the fact that it has about 1 second before you run into the enemies. Kill it.

DStrike: Hate it. Kill it.

And what I really want to see is more servers running INF-Fair game. It would make maps like Cuban Dawn and Flagstaff nicer to play.

Oh, and of course that purple one with the trenches and dip with a short run in the center with some metal walls, and bunkers made for snipers... you end up getting half snipers and half naders.

MoNDoGuY

Groin grabbingly good!
Apr 5, 2001
CANADA!!!!!
ghost.clanpages.com
Get rid of DesertDust!!!! Who hell needs a that friggin map. If you going to port a CS map atleast make it something that would fit into INF.

For Example:
Militia
Nuke
Assault

And Teeth must go!

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
Shiftless, I disagree, as for the others...

MWH- People, just because some newbie pops you with a grenade, you don't have to cry about it seeking revenge on the map that I myself find quite enjoyable. Why don't you the viewer take some action against that. That map is small, don't be afraid of holding the warehouse while the enemy tries to force you out. There may be chokepoints, but thats half the fun.

Scramble- Once again, only YOU can prevent forest fires. That top floor is where the HK-69a1 comes in real handy. If ya get what I mean. Or would that make me some kind of whore? Scramble is an awsome map hated by people who don't like a little adversity in their game. I say keep it.

DStrike- IIRC, this map is small and in a canyon setting, and is quite fun for small games. I would recommend keeping it off servers that hold more than ten people at a time.

Bite the Teeth- IIRC, this map is almost a mockery of realism. It looks like something you'd play paintball in. Ditch it, I agree.

Installation- Another great map. People, its only buggy because the game is buggy. The problem with the doors is not map related, but Inf related. You'll understand if you've shot any mover on any other map while playing Inf. The AFK-er should be kicked, or at least have someone on blue who isn't an idiot score-whore TK him so the game can go on. Simple answer to a simple problem.

Desert Dust- Yeah I played this. Cheap imitation of that CS map. I haven't seen it on any server for a while. Ditch it. I agree.

And for similar bitching about unfairness in maps: Infiltration is a combat simulator. In combat you can't expect your enemy to let you out of your bunker, let alone play "fair". There's no such thing as fair in combat. Only honor.

Dangerous10K

Armed and as always Dangerous
Nov 26, 2000
installation being my favorite map needs to stick around as for
mwh i think it should be given the big boot
scramble is perfectly fine imo

bite the teeth needs to be canned
so does dstrike

cuban dawn needs to be fixed so ya cant slide down that hill near the spawn
installation needs to be fixed so ya can open the door
flagstaff needs the rain sounds removed so it doesnt kill framerate on 3d users it drops me to 14 fps and i have 192 megs of ram 667mhz proscessor voodoo 5

[SOB]Weevil_Monkey

Monkey Maps
Nov 15, 2000
monkeymaps.sobservers.com
desert dust is a good map by my standards, a few changes and the map would flow nicley, get rid of the day to night effect, this was cool the first time i saw it, seems to make maps harder to have fun on.

mwh, good map, oldie but goody, fun for those who are more into having a good time then freaking out about strategy.

Teeth, Good map for survival skills, although non realistic, it still makes for a good fun map.

dstrike, ceetak, and instillation, all maps that had a substantial ammount of time put into makign them, if you feel the need to vote maps off servers, i think its time to shut off reality Tv shows such as survivor and boot camp, and learn to play the maps better.

ragingsamster

oldfartis nongratis
Jun 4, 2001
Washington
Visit site
Weevil's got a point. All these maps serve to hone different skill sets, whether decreasing reaction time (Teeth) or focusing on you target in low light conditions (Dstrike) they all are useful training maps that serve those new to Infiltration well. Almost everytime I get to Teeth you will "hear" me utter "I hate this Level" but now I'm starting to get a little better at it (i still suck) Looking through the eyes of newness these are good maps. The team is releasing new maps with each version that have new challenges and features, pretty soon those old maps might not come up all that often. Then when they do, you can sit back in your rocker and say "I remember it was the summer of 'ought one and we only had a few maps, not like these sissy maps nowadays. No them were maps that tested your mettle by crackie hee hee"