Forgot the name of a/certain movie(s)? Ask here

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Might be interesting to post this type of thread?

You know, normally it's easy to remember what "that movie from long ago" was called. Because you'll remember an actor/actress.. could be just a longshot, lucky guess but usually it pays off.

But sometimes you just remember jack shit. Only some vague imagery, some parts of the story but that's it.

So, let's ask others. Just write down what you remember. Type of movie, land of origin. I'll give some examples.

Two movie titles I just can't remember. Tried and tried, but it's gone.

They were both Australian.

First movie:

Made in the 80s.

Was about a class going on a fieldtrip to the outback iirc? Had something to do with exploring a cave. Their bus was hijacked by some criminals. They held the group hostage near the cave I guess. Small children, female teacher.
They ended up overpowering the criminals, and jars in the biology class played an important part.

Hope this will ring a bell for someone.

Second movie

I think this was made in the late 80s or early 90s. Well whatever. It was also situated in the Australian outback iirc. A woman had to defend her house from some bullies who were hired to chase her of. Some rich asshole wanted to buy her land, but she refused; Something along those lines.
Those guys terrorized her, strapped her to the front of their jeep.. weird stuff.
But she ended up acting like some Sarah conner and took revenge. She never gave up defending her property. She had long, thick brown/red hair iirc. Bit vague I know, it's all I remember :p

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
First movie:

Fortress (1985)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091069/

Sally Jones (Rachel Ward), an Australian schoolteacher, finds herself in a fight for life--both her students and her own--when four armed, masked men burst into their isolated one-room school. The men round up Sally and her eight students, who range in age from six to fourteen, and force them into a van, claiming they are going to hold the school for ransom. At first Sally urges her students to comply, but she manages to help the children escape during a rest stop. They make their way to a farmhouse where an elderly couple (with no telephone) offers to hide them until the police can be contacted. But when their kidnappers track them down and murder their saviours, Sally knows that their chances of survival are slim.

The kidnappers herd the school into a cave, sealing the entrance. Sally encourages the children to be brave and to organise themselves. Travelling further back into the cave, they find an exit and escape, only to find their armed kidnappers in pursuit and furious. The school isolates itself into a second, "fortress"-like cave at the top of a hill, where they must prepare for the coming night, when the kidnappers will reach them at last. Sally realises that the kidnappers will have to die, and also that she cannot defeat four grown men without help. The children will have to fight back in order to save their own lives, but Sally grapples with the idea that she must, in essence, give these children permission to commit murder.

Second movie:

Fair Game (1986)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089122/

A young woman running a wildlife sanctuary in the Australian outback is in for trouble when she is confronted by three kangaroo hunters. Bored with killing kangaroos, they decide to kill the animals in the sanctuary, and when they see how attractive the owner is, they decide to have a little "fun" with her, too. Turns out that they may get a bit more "fun" than they bargained for.

I'm pretty sure the first film is what you're looking for; not so sure about the second.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Here's one for you. I know the answer, I just wan to see if you guys can figure it out.

Low budget New Zealand indie film about a foul-mouthed gang of criminals and a jewelry heist. Has a Reservoir Dogs / Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels / Snatch / Pulp Fiction feel to it.

Mar 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC.
Finally! I've been looking for this movie:

The main character is wearing all black with a black cowboy hat. The movie takes place in the desert (or something like that) there are creatures kind of like the ones in Hills Have Eyes but they eat the legs of their preys.

I watched this movie once back in the 90s and I can't remember the name but I remember it was a good movie.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Here's one for you. I know the answer, I just wan to see if you guys can figure it out.

Low budget New Zealand indie film about a foul-mouthed gang of criminals and a jewelry heist. Has a Reservoir Dogs / Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels / Snatch / Pulp Fiction feel to it.

Finally! I've been looking for this movie:

The main character is wearing all black with a black cowboy hat. The movie takes place in the desert (or something like that) there are creatures kind of like the ones in Hills Have Eyes but they eat the legs of their preys.

I watched this movie once back in the 90s and I can't remember the name but I remember it was a good movie.
Any takers? I'm stumped on these two so far..........

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I wonder what's that movie too, cause his description reminds "hatman" but I don't remember ever seeing this movie.
But I tell you plot of another movie.

After taking a break from BeyondUnreal Forums, the infamous Leo one day decides to just leave and go on and on and on, running and walking and ultimately finding secret government containment facility, however he doesn't find a way across a large chasm separating the land. Along the way he gets hit by heavy rain, and starts to feel weak and try to hug trees and then deciding to find a way home. Bizzare shit continues to happen along his way and after he gets his t shirt soaked all the way when its hardly useful, he packs his t shirt in his black laptop bag and throws it to a grass while having to go elsewhere. Ultimately he returns for this and continues his path, but then while calling hears a strange beep in his phone, severing connection and soon after seeing a shadowy figure.
After a while a police car stops nearby and a policeman looking almost exactly like young Micheal Keaton approaches Leo. (the policeman is actually revealed later to have been Micheal Keaton's clone created by eating the dreaded alien invasion pizza infected by black oil).
He asks Leo a couple of questions, one of them being what's in the bag, probably mistaking Leo for muslim terrorist carrying a bomb, one of the other things he answers is that he might have been infected because of gaps in his memory.
The policeman goes: IS IT CONTAGEOUS?! Before putting on gloves and smiling, taking him in the car.
What happens next truly is anyone's guess but they start driving around crazy and mad, opening windows and questioning and having Leo breathe in for alcohol test and whatever else. He wakes up later at police station or containment facilities, which of the two is unclear. He'd swear he'd catch a glimpse of alien on the way in, but the alien has a blanket over him so it's not obvious it's alien and Leo is quickly thrown into his cell. several questionings and interrogations follow including visit from Mental Health Care.
Mental Health Care: Do you know why we're HERE?!
Leo: YES! OF COURSE!
several questions later
Leo: Last year I think someone has been trying to scare me by dressing as hatman.
Mental Health Care: HATMAN?!
Leo: I just noticed this, I don't know how it got there...look
Mental Health Care: Yes, what is that?!
*a patch of black oil is seen on Leo's arm*
Mental Health Care or whoever it was this time, they looked different: You were talking to birds and trees...
Leo: Talking to birds and trees?! No! I was hugging them!
Mental UnCare: Why were you hugging them?!
Leo: Because it was calming me down...
Mental UnCare: "CAAALMING YOU DOWWWNNNN"
TO BE CONTINUED....

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Alright, this is a good thread!

The movie I'm trying to remember is possibly some Jim Henson movie, I've never seen the actual movie but I've seen one part that's always stuck in my mind. It's in some basement where a kid is talking to a dragon/monster that's sticking out of a wall... I think the dragon picks the kid up and roars then drops him back down. That's really all I remember. :c

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
It's a gamble, but Jim henson means puppets involved. I'm thinking of "the neverending story". Atreju faces gmork. Not a dragon, but a wolf, in some deserted town near the edge of the nothing. Gmork hides in a mostly torn down house. Earlier on Atreju sat on the white dragon's back, Falkor iirc. When they approached the nothing, Falkor couldn't fight the powerful winds anymore and Atreju fell off.
Just a guess:

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5McQ27JN5o[/m]

Falkor:

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adBmLtE4wwg[/m]

Last edited:

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
OMG, I was about to ask about this movie too. I remember watching it when I was little. I don't remember it being so cheap-looking, though.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Nah it wasn't NES, I knew that movie scene for scene when I was a kid, this movie is is something completely different. I just wish I knew what else happened in it since the scene is so vague.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Here's another one. I watched this a long, long time ago. Maybe back in the 90s.
Some tv movie about (apparently based on true events har har) some actress who was repeatedly attacked (molested) by some ehmm.. ghosts I think?
Or beings from another dimension? It ended with those perverted entities being stuck.. for a moment..inside a huge room made out glass. Some ehmm "scientists wannabes" or "ghostbusters" trapped them in there. But they escaped. So she and her boyfriend fled the scene, but the entities managed tracking her down (maybe?) At least, iirc so the end credits said.