The Strain

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Anyone watching this?

i don't watch much TV but the last time i got this excited about a show, it turned into a worldwide phenomenon (Breaking Bad).

Last time i was looking forward to a horror show, i ended up hating it (Walking Dead), but this thing is freaking awesome so far!

Any thoughts?

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
i love that we have deadly vampires again. They kill you on sight, and aren't romantic or shiny or have a nice shave. You see one, you're pretty much dead.

The first episode was shot as though it was a movie, it was awesome. Later episodes (we are on 6 now) have some annoying sub-plots (hi Gus!) but it is still a great show.

A little slow-moving, but fun to watch!

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Well tbh, the resurgence of deadly deadly vampires is little more than a global allergic reaction to the sparklefaggotry that Twilight brought about.

No mentally adult person liked that shit.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
i love that we have deadly vampires again. They kill you on sight, and aren't romantic or shiny or have a nice shave. You see one, you're pretty much dead.

The first episode was shot as though it was a movie, it was awesome. Later episodes (we are on 6 now) have some annoying sub-plots (hi Gus!) but it is still a great show.

A little slow-moving, but fun to watch!

yeah I watched it and I'll keep watching. the only part I have a problem with is the old man slaying vamzombies like he's feeding bird in a park. I mean, they already have two characters that could be total badass( ratman and latino-guy) so why have the old man do all the hard work?

yeah I watched it and I'll keep watching. the only part I have a problem with is the old man slaying vamzombies like he's feeding bird in a park. I mean, they already have two characters that could be total badass( ratman and latino-guy) so why have the old man do all the hard work?

Obviously they will team up to become The Avengers. Some of the sub-plots are annoying, the old crazy lady that just complains because she has Alzheimers or something. Please let her die first. She's holding her daughter back. Hopefully it will get better as the show goes on.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
never heard of it.
not interested. vampires? meh.

I recently started watching CineMax's new original series The Knick.
directed by Steven Soderbergh starring Clive Owen. shit is fucking hardcore. it's basically ER but instead of a nice, clean, modern hospital it takes place during the Industrial Revolution when science was just beginning to understand germ theory, sterilization, and all the other comfortable medical advances we now take for granted. it basically follows the early days of the group of surgeons who would become the founding practitioners of Johns Hopkins Medical School around the turn of the last century.

as such, half the doctors on the show are addicted to cocaine, opium, and morphine because they were still testing it on themselves before administering it to patients. they get high as fuck (to calm their nerves, and addiction) and then perform brutal, crude, graphic, AWESOME surgeries.

the first full episode is free to watch on YT.
careful, it's definitely NSFW.

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItBAXOEE8Vk[/m]

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
never heard of it.
If you hate typical vampire movies and TV series, I'd highly recommend you check out The Strain. It's based more on the concept that vamps aren't beautiful immortal creatures that win over their victims with sex appeal...

...clearly not as about 3 episodes in you find the vamps genitalia falls off their bodies, among other things that destroys that image.

There's a 3 novel series for what the TV show is based on, all the brainchild of Guillermo del Toro.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
never heard of it.

I recently started watching CineMax's new original series The Knick.
directed by Steven Soderbergh starring Clive Owen. shit is fucking hardcore. it's basically ER but instead of a nice, clean, modern hospital it takes place during the Industrial Revolution when science was just beginning to understand germ theory, sterilization, and all the other comfortable medical advances we now take for granted. it basically follows the early days of the group of surgeons who would become the founding practitioners of Johns Hopkins Medical School around the turn of the last century.

as such, half the doctors on the show are addicted to cocaine, opium, and morphine because they were still testing it on themselves before administering it to patients. they get high as fuck (to calm their nerves, and addiction) and then perform brutal, crude, graphic, AWESOME surgeries.

the first full episode is free to watch on YT.
careful, it's definitely NSFW.

the premise is intriguing and the first three episodes are interesting enough to hang on, we'll see. However, I wouldn't pit the knick against the strain because they are both of different genres. The Strain re envisions vampires as monsters and it has potential. The knick is another realistic look at history(like deadwood[which I enjoyed immensely], mad men) and so far its good at that. So yeah, go watch the strain or else play unreal 1, definitely not unreal 2. ;)

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
So they revealed the face of "The Master", he looks like a freaking retard lol

and how about all dialogue where they talk about Matt (Stoll's wife's boyfriend). Who wrote those lines?!

ps, I still enjoy the show

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
so, being sucked out turns you into a ghoul and being infected by worm makes you a vampire?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Acolytes? Master?
Don't mind me but I'm starting to see some parallels here. In the xfiles comics that I've read about (i didn't read them myself though), there were some alien hybrids called acolytes.. And Master was also character from Doctor Who I believe.
What if all this is inspired by real stuff...
but that means....they already way have me............and I saw a weird worm like creature one other day.......that was weird as hell...I think I might be one of them now!