UE3 - UT3 Artists: Quotes needed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

amcculley

Jan 20, 2008
Hey all,

I'm under a tight deadline. I'm submitting my budget to the university today and they have changed some of the documentation they need for outsourced/contracted work such as artists, public speakers, etc.

I essentially need a quote which includes:
A phone number and price quote.

Is there anyone who can help? I would prefer someone who has a company with letterhead or has done contract work before and has something professional looking.

Remember - if the budget is approved, I can start paying some of you

If you can't directly, then what should I use as a "help wanted" ad?
What exactly does an artist need to do for a model in UT3?

I.E.
How many polygons?
How many bones?
What reslolution textures?
Any sort of special mapping, lighting, etc?
Rigging?

Essentially - if you were to do some contract work for someone on a project, what sorts of questions would you need answered before hand?

President & Founder SAVGARD UMD, College Park
Student Association for Video Game Awareness, Research, and Development

Project Manger, Lead Design, and Programmer
Rift: The Reclamation Prophecy
An Unreal Tournament 3 Sci-Fi PvP Total Conversion

esJ

Environment Artist
What exactly does an artist need to do for a model in UT3?

I.E.
How many polygons?
How many bones?
What reslolution textures?
Any sort of special mapping, lighting, etc?
Rigging?

Stuff I can think of off the top of my head :

Polycount can vary a lot depending on what the model is used for
Bones again, depends a lot on what the model is used for. A character model will have more bones than a static prop obviously
Texture resolution is (as a guideline of what was used in UT3, feel free to correct me if im wrong) one to two 2048x2048px textures for characters, 1024 to 2048 square textures for BSP walls/floors etc, 1024 to 2048 textures for static props.
As for shader maps, UT3 supports specularity, normal, parallax, opacity, glow(emissive) aswell as diffuse(colour) textures.