UT2007 Article Yields New Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
VCTF and the return of feign death, I am one happy puppy.

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
Yes, they might not call it UT2007. Im hoping for Unreal Tournament 2. :p If you can prove that UT2003/2004 are UT2, then I will go with most of your statements, as you call it UT3.

Love the features, lots of original UT players probably do as well.

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
Dragon_Myr said:
Feigning death was fun :D Until the enemy figures out that people faking still have their names flash up on the screen when you target them. :( A dead body doesn't do that.
what? I have never seen that before. Is there such an option to show players names when you target them?

leafo

spoiled toothpaste
Mar 29, 2005
I hope they bring in something similar to invasion (With gears of war monsters maybe :)))

PigBear

Jun 3, 2004
hal said:
Actually, they removed it from 2k3/2k4 because the ragdoll physics would not allow you to regain control of your player once it took over. The new physics will. :)

Not sure this was the real reason, i mean, shouldn't be a problem to make the "real player" invisiable and just spawn a rag-doll copy of the model...

But this is what i really like:

" Hoverboard may include a grappling hook to attach to other vehicles. "
me lovi lovi long time 40$

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Juguard said:
what? I have never seen that before. Is there such an option to show players names when you target them?
Back in UT99 I thought it was standard. That's how I recall teling the difference. Maybe I'm wrong and not remembering it right though. It's been 2 years. I also remember walking over a dead person since a truely dead person wouldn't have a collision and the feigner's would. Again, it's been a while so I may be wrong, but I recall having a way to tell if people were doing it.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
beefsack said:
woah looking great, planetunreal are crediting BU for the post but theyve got some extra info too if people want to check it out

There's another post on this forum with everything you could possibly want to know about the article. All I'll say is thanks Selerox and let you figure out the rest. ;)

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Lol wicked, Feign death was awesome in the orginal UT (except in IG matches it was obvious you wernt dead :))

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Dragon_Myr said:
Back in UT99 I thought it was standard. That's how I recall teling the difference. Maybe I'm wrong and not remembering it right though. It's been 2 years. I also remember walking over a dead person since a truely dead person wouldn't have a collision and the feigner's would. Again, it's been a while so I may be wrong, but I recall having a way to tell if people were doing it.

Yeah, you're right on both accounts.

But like I've said, always shoot the bodies. ALWAYS. Even if it's just for gibbin fun.

But anyway, people who're feigning death are too easy to spot :O)

livingtarget

BulletCatcher
Mar 15, 2002
Aberdeen
PigBear said:
Not sure this was the real reason, i mean, shouldn't be a problem to make the "real player" invisiable and just spawn a rag-doll copy of the model...

Sure enough but death animations with karma are currently only done client side. Once you 'die' your body gets karma clientside only, karma doesn't get replicated too well I think.
To elaborate on that from the mag: "The new Novodex physics engine enables bodies to switch to and from a ragdoll state at will..."

The mantas are looking good BTW :)

Edit: Ownage they are bringing back the commander class :eek:

Last edited: