Left 4 Dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
I found hal right in the middle of something...
[screenshot]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/Sir_Brizz/l4d_garage01_alleys0002.jpg[/screenshot]

You guys are doing survival stuff? I could use help with those - I only have bronze medals for about half of the official maps.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Just let us know. I'm fine helping with those. I only need Gold on one official map, Gas Station.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I bet there isn't a modification which let's you fight the horde, and nothing but the horde? Get rid off the bosses. Just for the hell of it. Maybe double the zombie horde for extra insanity.

The "i'm a legend" "mod" came close, but the bosses were still present. I suppose you can't exclude them.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I'd like to get some help with Survival too. I've had moderate success only if I'm lucky enough to land a good group.

Anyone else have problems with getting and keeping the time achievements in survival? I've gotten a few and go back to find they're missing.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
To be fair, shotgun use is more my play style. I think a lot of people undervalue how important someone using the assault rifle is in L4D. It slows down the Tank A LOT, giving the shotgun toters more time to reload and lay waste.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
To be fair, shotgun use is more my play style. I think a lot of people undervalue how important someone using the assault rifle is in L4D. It slows down the Tank A LOT, giving the shotgun toters more time to reload and lay waste.

I've been using the Assault rifle a lot.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Borgelite/stats/L4D?tab=stats&subtab=weapons

I'm not exactly sure how I've gotten such high stats with the pistols. I don't recall using them as much as the rifle.

Dang Hal! 128 hours played?

Last edited:

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Those stats aren't anywhere near to being complete. I've played way more than that I've used the Hunting Rifle a fair bit (it shows none) too.

I've been wondering about how accurate those stats are. A lot of the shots fired, accuracy, time played, amount of zombies killed, etc, just don't add up.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004

Well ok. But then the fact remains that the weapon is extremely annoying in Versus, and overall, anoying. I'm kind of looking forward to L4D 2 if I can grab it cheap, but if they're to make 20+ weapons, and only one of them really is a keeper..

It shouldn't be considered on a play-style POV, but more on how it is efficient overall.

Counterpoint:

Versus games played 8
Versus games completed 3

:smug:

Those stats aren't anywhere near to being complete. I've played way more than that I've used the Hunting Rifle a fair bit (it shows none) too.

Yeah what's with these stats? I kinda figured Brizz killed more than 14K brainless.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The stats work fine, but you have to be on a vanilla server, and they are only counting from like February on, not since the game came out.