cheating?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

misanthropic

Mar 14, 2000
Visit site
Hello,
I was playing assault last night, and the most annoying thing kept happening. I character named "cheater-1" kept on starting the game about 10 seconds before everyone else. His ping was like 300, and he even admitted he was cheating. I wanted to know if anyone knew how he did it, or how I can circumvent it. It really made assault pretty lame when one person enters and is already almost done with the level before anyone else even spawns.
Any ideas?
misanthropic

MightyJoe

Mar 7, 2000
dallas texax
Visit site
I think Ive seen some thing like this too. not sure but when you base is getting conquired in 28 secs it make the game kind of usless to play. I know some of you thing "learn how to play defence" .. well we were playing and doing all the right things but some guy was still getting in and conquoring our base in 28 secs on overlord in a 6 on 6 game.. even if you only have half you team playing good defence 28 secs does not seem possible to me..

anyway there are good defence men out there they just always end up on the other team /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif

later

Mighty

misanthropic

Mar 14, 2000
Visit site
Thanks for responding Mighty,
I agree completely with what are saying. I think I've played with and against you before, it was a lot of fun /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif.
Later,
Azazel

Kraghlx

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
There will always be cheaters/bad sports and whatever as long there are competitions. All you can do is inform administrators, forums etc. about those weenies. Get the word out about them and treat 'em like leapers! If they can't play nice, we'll just take the ball and go home.

Cheating seems to become a problem in UT. I also had a few matches in the past few weeks which seemed somekind of strange to me. I do not pretend to be the best player around (Nr. 260 NgStats) but I know, if someone is a Kickass-bitch of a good player or if someone is cheating.
It happened in a DM in Turbine, when a player won a Match with 30 Frags 0 Deaths. There were some real good players in the game (ranked around Nr. 50 or so). I think this is nearly impossible. Also the fact, that I never saw that player made me wonder. Because I usually see my opponemts when I am killed (in most cases).
I ended some Matches with 0 Deaths, too in my "UT-carreer" but that was just possible, when the other players really sucked. Some cheaters online seem to use some kind of Damageamplifier that kills other people instantly, no matter what weapon they use.
A friend of mine who often plays LMS online also told me of some strange occurances in LMS-games, when players joined the game mid-match with full Lifes.
So please GT, there has to be something done against Cheating. Maybe it is possible to include some kind of logiroutines in the UT-Gamecode that prevent impossibly high damagerates or joining running LMS-Matches or stuff like that.

Happy fragging,
TheMACHINE

Finsternis

gloomier than an autumn night
Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
The headstart thing is not a cheat.

It is a bug and known to Epic.

I won't tell you how it's done, because everybody would start using it.