16bit problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

INJEKTILO

Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
Ok, i have a MAGICVIDEO 32MB AGP TNT2 and i use d3d. For some reason i can only run ut in 16bit. When i try to use 32bit the screen freezes and all the buttons and tabs look all messed up.. Anyone have any idea on why it does this?

scudsukah-:-)

*nuked*
Jan 23, 2001
maryland, usa#1
Visit site
Originally posted by INJEKTILO
Ok, i have a MAGICVIDEO 32MB AGP TNT2 and i use d3d. For some reason i can only run ut in 16bit. When i try to use 32bit the screen freezes and all the buttons and tabs look all messed up.. Anyone have any idea on why it does this?

hey dont run it in 32 bit its not really meant to be ran in 32 bit mode it will be choppy and youll lose performance when playing high amounts of bots when schoolin offline!! trust me you wont even notice a difference in the rendering just dont do it!!!! freak!!

NVerxion

Ethereal
Sep 9, 2000
Orlando, FL
scud,
the game is most certainly meant for 32 bit color depth...the only thing is you have to have a video card that can handle it. i used to have a geforce 256 32mb which ran fine in 16 bit, but forget about 32 bit or high detail textures...the card couldn't handle them. now i have a geforce2 ultra agp 64mb ddr...i have maxed out all options (including sound quality, which i have set at 44100 hz @ 32 channels) and the game runs better than it ever did before on the 32mb card. you are right, though, the 16 bit mode looks very similar to the 32 bit mode, but the difference is in the translucencies and the contract between light and shadow.

*nuked*
Jan 23, 2001
maryland, usa#1
Visit site
i agree

but most moronus maximus dont realise if they have a card that'll support 32 bit or even 64 bit and fr some odd reason or another it doesnt work its driver related.. hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm go back to 16 untill you get the correct drivers... besides dont any of you people read consumer reports before buying stuff for your machines? 3dfx cards dont seem to have theese problems wonder why?

INJEKTILO

Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
When i went to the computer store i was going to buy a voodoo but they didn't have it in stock and this would be the only time my dad would get me a part for my PC so i just grabbed a TNT2.

*nuked*
Jan 23, 2001
maryland, usa#1
Visit site
notta bad choice

contrary to popular belief 3dfx sets the industry standard for graphics most games are intially developed for their cards yes there are some cards that look better and may even run better but.....
if you go and pull out consumer reports mag and look for the camparisons and even allot of pc gamer magz will tell that the rinky dink voodooo3 2000 pci card still hangs and is more stable then most agp cards by invidia go figure!! more meg doesnt mean better play or stability remember its only back up ram on theese cards not primary !!! and its only for texturing!!
so if the card is running faster than the intial flow on your processor you will experience lockups right on down to your desktop!! i will never buy anything different than 3dfx unless they go under completely!!
I wil always stick by them!! the tnt chipset is a supierior chipset but i have many friends who have troubles running ut bug free on theese cards
if i hear anything ill get back to ya!!

*nuked*
Jan 23, 2001
maryland, usa#1
Visit site
everyones got their 2 cents

people are gonna more than likely respond to my responces than help you out i noticed if you need help email me directly most of theese geeks 8-7-4-2 especially or whatever his kraut name is .. is only a basher and offers nothing to the troubleshooting platform email me directly if youre stuck frothy300@aol.com cya

oh yeah!! blaze-22 is correct follow his lead on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!scroll back to the top for his thread!!

spyder913

Bringer of FREE BEER
Feb 17, 2000
Seattle, WA, USA
HAhah that's ludicris.. the memory is also used as a buffer to WRITE the frame to before it is actually rendered onscreen. That's why new cards are memory limited (the memory isn't fast enough)

check out www.tomshardare.com if you want real hardware comparisons.