The story of the space Station "Deep Space Proxima Alpha"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
took a test flight in the experimental shuttle, it sems to handle better now with the ion engine improvements. also the fact of mark 3 spindrive is a advantage. hehe, i imagine the looks on Ops faces when i flew at full speed towards the station and enters hyper space just before they thought i was gonna hit it.
ill probaly get shouted at then told to upgrade the shuttles.
i quickly serveiled the area near the wreck, i think pirates might be a possibility

no other vessels in the area cept a patrol ship, lightly armoured... wait is that a power source in the wreck... very faint, looks like some1 has a boardnin party on it.
"jae to promixa station... im at the wreck and spyin on a vessel, they have a party on our wreck, should i investigate further?"
hmmm the black hole is interferin with comms, that would take a hour to get back.

heading back to station.
they have not seen me.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
Today is the big day, i couldn't sleep to well, damn snails made noises again, and i'm quite nerveous, we'r going into the unknown. I'll go to my trusty bar for the last time.
Its only 0500 as of yet, i'll get myself a Oridion rootbeer, and i'll go to the holodecks one more time, for some holo-luvin ;)
Or perhaps i should run some shuttle simulations for some last minute flight training, i wonder if i can combine those two ;)

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
wow! that was some party! i was drinking at the bar, when all of a sudden, Cascade walks in! well, i don't remember much after that, but apparently i embaressed myself in some sily drinking games. I only just woke up, and aparently there's a mission going out soon to recover an iconian wreck. good luck to them

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Ops...the command center. It was finally refitted and is fully operational. People are busy on their stations everywhere. I sit in my office a few steps up, going through some reports.
Kilham is transforming an unused kitchen on deck 16 into a science lab. Soon he can begin his research of the relation of duct tape and alcohol on human and alien organisms.
I receieved a message from Starfleet Command that we won't get any further shuttles and ships, as reinforcements are needed in other places. I'd like to know what's going in some Admirals' heads. This people are sitting behind their desks, and are lightyears away from the place of action. Yet they think they know what happens here. Now we have to use what we got.
Suddenly the floor is shaking..I turn my head to the viewport behind me. I see one of our shuttles doing a suicidal flyby over the ops, located at the very top of the station. That must be security officer DeaJea. Earlier he took a shuttle on a recon mission across the border. After he reported enemy activity near the wreck I told him to return.
It's time for the away team to leave. Two shuttles have been installed with special euqipment, and we've done the best to prepare the team.
I to my desk again, tapping the small com panel left of the desk.
"This is the Captain. Myrmidion, DeaJea, Stryker, Trakkath. DisturbedCreation: Get out of your beds and immedialtly go to shuttlebay 6. Your mission is the salvage the Iconian ship's wreck and get new supplies of romulan ale and beer. Good luck"
Wait, the mission doesn't have a science officer. Consider the alien technology they will face I better send one with them.
"Captain to Commander Kilham: report to bay 6. The mission will run better with a combat experienced science officer. You will be in command of shuttle 1. Tell Trakkath that he has the secon ship. out"
"But sir, I'm just doing some study on human mating mating behaviour with..erm...some officer from engineering"
"That's an order. You can do that later"
"Yes sir, on my way"

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
i arrive at the shuttle bay and find at least half of the team waiting.... i ordered some of sercurity to run around the officers decks with loud beepers to wake the rest. as far as i can see im pilotin shuttle 1, if kilham trusts my good ol' flyin skills. ive devised a course to take us thru a asteriod field and avoid a enemy patrol.
we haven't made the same modifications to the other shuttle, but im sure if they are within our gravity field they can join us at the same speed at mark 3 hyperspeed. ill wait for kilham first before i check everything either he's gonna argue or theres gonna be a accident, i have a hunch some1s sabotaged one of the shuttles.

Tarantella

Dances with spiders.
Apr 1, 2001
Visit site
Standing on the starbase panorama deck I watch the two shuttles move out in good order with the seniors officers shuttle leading in regulation formation on the port side by half a k.

Immersed in the view of the rim stars systems (it never ceases to stir my emotions even after 34 years in the service),I failed to notice the approach of someone to my left.Someone who gently touches me on the shoulder with a long white feather then waves with it at the departing shuttles.

I turn.

It a priest of the planet Goshen,( theyre often seen in border starports).*

Gravely he says,

"One of your crew mates who goes hither will not return as he leaves."

" Hes going to die?" I asked, turning slowly to face the priest, keeping my gaze head high and focussing on the surroundings behind him.

"The Assassins Guild are here in strength. They have their plans"

"How do you know this"

"They conceal their weapons but not the thoughts , lieutenant"

And with that he left,

*See note in discussion thread

Kilham

Lost in RL
Oct 11, 2000
Scotland
clanrsu.com
'Security? I need an armed team in the cargo bay now. Send some of those guys in the red shirts, it's about the right part of the story for somebody with a minor part to get killed'
'........If you would like to report a theft, press 2. If you would like to press 3, press 3. If you would like to report an assassination, press 4. IF you are . . '
Grrr nobody there as usual. Well I wasn't about to inveastigate this on my own, I've seen these things before and know what happens to people investigating dark corners of space station on their own.
On my way back to deck 16 I had a call from our captain
'I need to talk to you urgently' I started
'You're needed on the salvage mission, they decided a science officer might come in useful to decide how and what to salvage'
'Ok, but I really need..'
'The shuttle leaves in 3 minutes. Now stop playing with your holograms and report there NOW.'

Which didn't leave me with much choice. What's he on about - holograms...?. I haven't been near the holodeck.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
well, take off went well, got fed up of waitin for kilham but he got on. i got told off for barrel rollin the craft. sorry about that.
we will arrive at the wreck in 3 hours.
the area we are traveling thru is filled with myths of illusions and tales of weird creatures, a excellent oppurtunity to study these.

Karsehole

Flibbiddydibbiddydob
May 3, 2001
Wezep, The Netherlands
Visit site
We have left, lift off went without problems, at least one thing went allright. I'm just playing around with a knife I took with me, aiming at some of those strange looking snails. I took the knife since I still can't trust most of the crew around me... I can understand why they don't like me though, they have loads of experience and I only know how to fly a little fighter. And the way how I got on board... Don't even get me started.

This damn shuttle starts to smoke like hell...

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
I've been tweaking a few things on the singularity generator en route to the wreak, and all the time wondering "why didn't they just ask me what I could do with on of these, I'll have us there in no time."

We were still two and half-hours away, the crew settled in with their GBAs and various "other" stimulants, when I flicked the switch. The generator smoked a bit, then whirred to life, and then emitted a flash that encompassed the whole ship.

Then, we were there, at the wreak, tucked neatly in a hovel, out of sight of the enemy craft.

DeaJay looked pretty preturbed, but once I explained that the singularity generator could be used to teleport, he seemed a nit happier (realizing, I think, that we could get everything done way ahead of shedule and goof off with time to spare. That was of course assuming that we could deal with the intuders.)

So we loaded up with combat gear, and set out to deal with the opprotunistic Vultures before salvage.

SaintBeam

The Chosen One.
Aboard the wreck....

So many visiters recently. I guess that's the way of things, when it rains it pours. You latest pilgrims don't make the cut though. You see your mindset is all wrong. When you first came aboard I welcomed you warmly but you did not respond in kind. Over the years there have been so many like you. Those of dark intent who sought not enlightenment or peace but hatred and greed. Such like you leave me little choice. Your actions are a cry for help that I can not ignore. Don't worry, I will now lead your twisted souls to a higher level of existance....in me. (Energy surrounds the subdued aliens as there flesh desolves from the bone and their life force is drained from them). You are now at...burp...peace. What's this? More visiters approach. (walks off into a dark corridor and disappears from sight saying....) When it rains...it pours.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
computer.. open communication between both shuttles
ppl, we've detected a cloaked ship in pursuit. pls get ready for a bumpy ride thru the asteroid field and we may just lose them at full speed.
computer.. close channel.

kilham, i need you to launch a vereton casade emisson from our engines as soon as we get out of their sensor range, that should make it look like we've crashed.
i expect no reply as your busy workin on it.

thrakhath.. load the captain's son in the waste dispoal in case my plan fails.
"now entering asteroid field, emitting vereton casade.."
rite lets hide the ships behind tat big asteroid.
minutes later
"we've lost them. they are leaving the asteroid field."
ok thrakhath, you may pull the captains son back out of waste disposal.
"what???"
next time they are gonna bring some backup with them ppl, so we may have a battle on our hands. Thrakhath.. set the sheilds to modulate at random frequencies, also hook up the singularity generator so we can discharge the whole field on them.
1 more hour if the coordinates are right.
hmmm the pirates are towing the wreck somewhere, it just entered sensor range. every1 get ready for boarding we may have to hijack the wreck.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
on the wreck

what the hell happened, i was piloting the shuttle and 15 minutes away from the wreck, then i wake up on board it. im not sure if im ok, thrakhath said something about tempral feedback. ugh... must be it, knowin my luck ive been pulled from another universe to here. might as well look around. i think my objectives would be to Bring power back online, Access the Bridge, Retrieve computer crystals, Avoid this universes DeaJae.. if im not him.
a hydran c0w elders work is never complete... WHO ARE YOU???
"im the cheif engineer of this vessel, who are you? how did you get aboard?"
im lt. DeaJae of proxma station (i think) and one of the last elder c0ws of the hydran circle. what ship is this?
"UGS Zetyk, a Traders federation warship. we are in trouble so don't stand around like your not sure how you got here.. we have been on baord for 2 years, we lost power 1 year ago and been tryin to keep the ship stable since then. theres a large group of surivors being held by the pirates, we need to drive tem off and hopefully get as far away as possible."
ok, i used to be a engineer ill help.
"military too?"
yep, let me guess no weapons?
"only the pirates."
ill use theirs then.
"engineering interface is on deck 16, when you've re activated that you have about 1 minute to go in and switch off the main core or the whole ship will be flooded with radiation. then you need to head to the computer cores and reset them. then ill need your help rescuing the hostages."
ok, im on my way...
must get a mesage to the shuttles.. gotta get them abord first.
ill force open the shuttle bay doors and await them.

Myrmidion

Re-edifying the post-panarchic duodonemy
Jan 28, 2001
Hmm, I guess that pilots like me don't get to see the action that they might well be seeing down there. On a positive note, I don't get to see the action that they're going to see down there.

Oh well, I get to sit around here now, twiddiling my thumbs, and awaiting for their asking to come home again :)

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
ok, we are aboard, myrmidion, when i haned him a rifle decided to stay at teh shuttles, wise idea. i turn around to get ready for organizin teams and theres a double of me there. i was stunned as much as my crewmates, soemthing happened in his universe which didn't here, with the sinularity generator... i told thrakhath not to mess about. im gonna help him do the things for the ship restoring power, and retakin control, the rest should salvage what they can and go.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
I grabbed my various interments, and voiced my opinion that is tactically unsound for the group to separate, especially since we don't know what we're dealing with.

A quick scan, both visually and with my equipment, reveals a stunning array of technology. More kind of technology than should be on one ship of one species. Not good. This would suggest that many species have come looking for treasure, but have not left . . . .

(play eerie music)

I relay this information to our fearless leader (DJ I think), and await his response.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
*jawn
after a good sleep on our shuttle, i always sleep wel on a shuttle
i find the shuttle empty, and we'r docked at an alien ship.
After a short conversation with the mission leader (dj) it appears we could use some of the alien technology lying there for us to grab. Though i don't know if starfleet would approve of us using it. Anyway, i'm going to c for myself, i'm just so curious, i'll let you know if I find anything usefull.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
ok, theres two DeaJaes now, i dunno how the captain would react, but sercurity on the station would be efficent. that punk of a captains son rushed off the shuttle and blamed me cos he climbed into the waste disposal.. if i knew he was in there id press the eject button. he weren't friendly with the trout he found in there. anyway we carried on down the corridor coverin the engineers as they identifyed and salvaged conponents, me and jae went ahead to scout. and what appears to be double of our team headin back to the shuttle bays on the other side of the wreck. engineering was close by so we headed back to the salvage crew.. we got cut off by pirates so we split and covered each others strikes. there must of been 100 of them. this universes DeaJae got wounded slightly, but he'll live. we drove them off easily.
he's headin for the shuttles to report to the station. while ill return to the crew, they are ok, apparently saw nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.