UE3 - UDK 3rd Person Traversal Character Control

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wintg005

Aug 27, 2012
Hi everyone-
My name is Glenn and new to the forum! Please excuse me if this is a noob question but Im new to UDK and currently working on graduate research regarding level design and visuals in games. Im in the processes of jumping from the Unity realm to the UDK realm and I was wondering if anyone knew or had a character control that would be 3rd person and possibly traversal? For now Im just looking for basic movements of a character jumping from one collider to another. Or Does UDK come with a stock 3rd person character control (doesnt need to be traversal) than can be used?

I completely understand that this is something that would take a lot of scripting but I didn't know if anyone had a suggestion on a mod or other avenue that I may be able to use to get on the ground running for now. Im looking to test some level designs before I can allot the time to build a character control.

Thanks for any help and Im looking forward to becoming an active member of the community!

Glenn

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Traditionally Unreal has the capability to switch to a third person camera with a simple console command. All you would need to figure out really is how to make that a systemic thing for your project.
The console command used to be "behindview 1". Not 100% sure if it still is, but there you go.