The most misspelled word on the internet.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
[IsP]KaRnAgE said:
[Xnoob]Woa I just discovered the xbox tags![/Xnoob]

Hmm I can't see what I put in Xbox tags. I don't understand!
Check my sig. The XBox GamerCard is what you get by encasing your XBox GamerTag name in the bbcode. If you have a Live! account or register at xbox.com you can pick one up. That's all it's really used for.

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
I'm actually going to say "you're" is the most misspelled. It's the exception that you see "you're" used instead of "your" on the servers I go to and online in general. Though lately I've seen an alarming increase of motardation with things like "he's" (instead of his) and forgetting how to make basic plurals (foxs, idiot's, citys). Why is literacy going down :(

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
MediocreTangerine said:
I'm actually going to say "you're" is the most misspelled. It's the exception that you see "you're" used instead of "your" on the servers I go to and online in general. Though lately I've seen an alarming increase of motardation with things like "he's" (instead of his) and forgetting how to make basic plurals (foxs, idiot's, citys). Why is literacy going down :(

Totally agree, you're spelt (or spelled if you like) as your really annoys me.

Another one is could of...it's COULD HAVE ffs!! Past usage of the modal verb "could" for possibilty (unfulfilled) in the past.

BTW, the plurals you listed. I take it you are giving examples of badly formed plurals..not how they should be written...

Last edited:

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
Israphel said:
BTW, the plurals you listed. I take it you are giving examples of badly formed plurals..not how they should be written...

I'd hope so :p

I see "could of" and "should of" all the time, too. But I think there needs to be a "IT'S 'YOU'RE' GOD DAMN IT" initiative, and I'll be among the first to contribute.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Bizarrely enough, "assault" is the word I've seen typo'd (other than deliberate "teh" "typos") more than any other. I don't get it, it's not even like the phonetic spelling of the word would have the U before the A...