Is there going to be an M-14 weapon?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
G

Jeez, all this talk of military service brings up an interesting question: how many of you have served? Personally I've never had the honor, although I'm seriously considering it. I'd probably be right at home! My main concern I guess would be a lack of action (note I said ACTION, not COMBAT) as I'd be joining the Canadian military. Ugh... That, and committing to something for so long without understanding it fully. However, I'm still young...what say you, Repairman_Jack and others?

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2
Striving for Excellence in Small Arms Data

=JTF2= Infiltration Server Info

G

Jeez, all this talk of military service brings up an interesting question: how many of you have served? Personally I've never had the honor, although I'm seriously considering it. I'd probably be right at home! My main concern I guess would be a lack of action (note I said ACTION, not COMBAT) as I'd be joining the Canadian military. Ugh... That, and committing to something for so long without understanding it fully. However, I'm still young...what say you, Repairman_Jack and others?

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2
Striving for Excellence in Small Arms Data

=JTF2= Infiltration Server Info

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Don't go into the regular military if you dont think you'll have the time. That being the case, you should join a reserve program. Be a 'holiday/weekend warrior' like me! ^_^

It's a good experiance.

This is Jon being serious for once,
I was offered the traditional choice, join the Army or go to jail. Saved my wannabe criminal ass from becoming a boil on society's backside . For those of you that have a decent future, think real hard about joining up. For God's Sake! Get your education first if possible and come in as an OCS type if you just have be a soldier. Smart, educated types can go a hell of a lot further than High School dropouts...

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--Infiltration-More challenging than changing the recoil spring in a M60--

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
Absolutely- I joined right outta highschool thinking I'd save my parents a buck or two and get my degree while in the service, then go through OTS and become a pilot.. geeezus there's gotta be a stereotype for that one.. anyway, *cough* whatever man. Besides constantly working 12 hour days, putting up with exercise after exercise (you know, the kind where you suck rubber for hours at a time), deploying with a couple days notice to some place halfway around the world, and spending 85% of my time trying to please the very people I was trying to become.. bah- it's a helluva learning experience, but take it with a grain of salt.. unless you wanna be a career enlisted, play the political game for 20 years, make sure you have a realistic plan when you join! Unfortunately, the Good Soldier(tm) is outnumbered.. soon to be MIA...

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.

Hodag

High on Jimson Weed and Lysol...
Aug 5, 1999
St Paul--MN USA
I joined when I was 21 and basically just kicking around trying to figure out what to do with my life. This is NOT the recommended way to decide to join the military services!

Back on the topic of the post. I carried the M21, then the M24, then the M82A2 for 6 years. I have used the PSG-1 and I found it clumsier then the the others. I would not use any ofthese weapons for land clearing(as suggested by an earlier post), but I would rather see any of them in the Mod than the PSG-1.
My 2 pfennigs worth...

------------------
Adam C.
-------
Oh Christ... another Mac
fanatic...

Hodag

High on Jimson Weed and Lysol...
Aug 5, 1999
St Paul--MN USA
Nope, I'm a stupid Yankee /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif I'd like to see the M21 instead of the PSG-1, but I'll freely admit that I'm biased. I did get a chance once to fire the WA-2000, I'm not a big fan of non-standard(non-NATO or Pact) cartridges, but that .300 really holds a punch. Plus the design of that rifle with the full-floating barrel and mounting rails for all your bipods/tripods/monopods and aiming devices works beautifully (and as an added bonus it is one of the most high tech looking rifles made).

------------------
Adam C.
-------
Oh Christ... another Mac
fanatic...

Jaguar

Jan 25, 2000
Sylvania, OH
Visit site
If you have it's cousin, Mr. M-16, you dont need Mr. M14. Sure, it has a more deadly round, but it's a low vintage big, old, chibby, low magazine rifle who was replaced by the M-16

I'd rather have Mr. M-16's older brother Mr.AR-10 but since I don't expect to fighting for the Sudanese army, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.
018.gif

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--Infiltration-More challenging than changing the recoil spring in a M60--

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
The Danish recruitment agency put me it the category that won't even be used as reserve in wartime!
To bad Germany never got the G11, then the Danish army would have been forced to issue a modern weapon(logistic).

So this is how you wan't to be known Neo!

------------------
-> If you haven't seen this, you know nothing about Infiltration: The Roadmap!
-> Are you having trouble with the Editor or is it the other way around? Kick this!

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
The Danish recruitment agency put me it the category that won't even be used as reserve in wartime!
To bad Germany never got the G11, then the Danish army would have been forced to issue a modern weapon(logistic).

So this is how you wan't to be known Neo!

------------------
-> If you haven't seen this, you know nothing about Infiltration: The Roadmap!
-> Are you having trouble with the Editor or is it the other way around? Kick this!

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
That don't get the danish army new equipment does it?

The danish military are buying old APC's for half the price of new ones, so it can upgrade them 2 years later to the quality of the new APC's. They end up costing the same until you think in lifespan and spare parts.

The politicians are even killing the only potent weapon in the arsenal, the last of danish naval might. The Baltic sea are the best area in the world for small subs, and ONLY small subs. Denmark can just afford small subs, but apparently they don't earn enough votes.

proclone1

Jan 29, 2000
Visit site
I'd just like to add that the mauser98k was a cool weapon, and I'm still pining for a
M-14 weapon. Whatchu talkin bout with "low vintage"?? tool.

Angel Of Death

Oct 19, 2000
M-14 is hell of a lot more durable than the M-16. It has a lot better range too. If your only argument is that in full-auto it has no control, then quit talking. You should know by now that you won't hit anything if you just hold the trigger until the clip's empty with any full-auto gun. By the way, the Navy SEALs currently use the M-14 for field battle. That's for people who argue that the M-14 isn't used anymore since the M-16 came in.

The gates of Hell are awaiting as you see.. There's no price to pay just follow me.. I can take your lost souls from the grave.. Jesus knows your soul cannot be saved.

[This message was edited by Angel Of Death on Nov 22, 2000 at 10:10.]