Anyone having problems with Battlefield 2??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
cracwhore said:
This is byfar the most frustrating game since Desert Combat - in terms of the interface, damage variables and gameplay...

Oh...wait...

Na, who am I kidding? It's sweet that soldiers can take three shots of 7.62 NATO to the head. God bless that sniper rifle.

Actually if you do any basic modding for the BF games, you'll find that the damage system is quite advanced for a "arcade type" shooter. Basically every weapon gets a base damage, and then you set the effective range, and how fast the weapon decreases in strength beyond that range, and when the projectile impacts a target, it uses an angle of impact (0 degress = straight on with full power, 45 is half, and 89 degrees means you just winged it so nearly no damage) to give a percentage to whatever the remaining damage value is.

But.. ya the damage values themselves are a littlel weak, but i just shrug it off as better body armor in the future, and that lets me suspend my disbelief.

But i think from a gameplay point of view it's got all the balance issues worked out nicely. No one team has a decidedly better selection of weapons, yet there are some variations in the performance of the different weapons in each class.

The US SF for example i think has the best overall carbine, but it's somewhat balanced by the fact the US has the slowest sniper rifle. The chinese i think have the best default sniper, but the thier ak47 isn't accurate as the m16, so their snipers have to cover the Gap in effective medium- long range shooting.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Ah yes, perfect balance.

Shall we discuss the matter of spawncamping being an actual objective, and how that's fun?

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I've got to admit - the 'random variable' of having my USB devices (mouse + keyboard) lock up during gameplay, the random 'there is a problem with your connection' messages - and the fact that I get kicked from most servers because my PB client is 'too new'...

It really adds something to this otherwise, lackluster game.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
beerbaron said:
Well, I was enjoying this game, despite the fact it would crash if there was alot of net activity. So I patched up and now the game won't even fucking boot.

Congrats EA/Dice.
Didn't you hear? Shortly before BF2 was done, EA/DICE went and fired everyone in Trauma Studios, aka, the people who made Desert Combat, aka, the people who probably did all the important work for Battlefield 2?

he reason for the closing was because of Electronic Arts’ majority purchase of DICE’s stock earlier this year. When EA bought into the company, it was decided that having a New York office along with the Swedish and Canadian studios was not going to be viable.

source

So, as they were winding down, EA had DICE get rid of everyone who revitalized their first game. I assume this is partly why the first 'patch' for their game actually made things worse. GOOO EA! Make irrational decisions and get rid of your best developers, crippling yet another possible success for you! Lets go back to playing Madden 2k5 already! Sillies...

U/D/T/SNAKE

Only partially annoying now
I uninstalled the game until I read its all been un-funked. Just too much of a hassle to play a game. I first did an uninstall like the bf2 folks suggest then installed without the patch and now for some reason cant get into my account screen at all. Screw it. I put in the effort and then some. Maybe my new rig will be able to ignore all the bad coding and resource demands.

The unlock that I posted worked fine for me. As I said it wont wont on some servers but it should work in single play. I read that ea can ban you from playing online if they catch the unlock cheat activated. I mean why have it there just begging us to unlock it. What a bunch of arsholes.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Psychomorph said:
Oh, and I still can't customize the controls.
Me neither, damn them to hell. :mad:

And there's hardly any hope this ever gets fixed since I don't even have the game.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Fuk you BF2... but you have so nice Ironsights. It's like saying Fuk Off Bitch... but damn, you have such A NICE ASS........

-edit- errrm, oops typo

Last edited: