.umx loop problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I got my hands on some music, converted it to 22k/16b/m .wav, then to 22k/16b/m .it with modplug, then ran it through UnrealEd. Now, the problem is, no matter what I do to the .it files, the music loops about 45 seconds in, and when one of the pieces is 4 minutes (and the loop I set goes from about 1:30 to 4:00), that is a big problem.

Any suggestions?

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
This reply comes a 'bit' late , but hopefully someone else will find this still usefull, or maby that Rayinne still is going to read this once ;)
However I had this problem too a while ago, and Mrbond was able to help me:

mrbond113 said:
I've had this problem before...to my best recollection, this is how you solve it (you'll need ModPlug Tracker; refer to the handy-dandy attached pictures, too):

1) Open the .it file in ModPlug Tracker. Click on the Patterns tab.
2) You should see a row of numbers (see picture #1). After the first number (typically 0) fill in the rest of the boxes with a 1, but don't touch the boxes with "..." in them. Select the second pattern by clicking the box immediately to the right of the box with the "0" in it. It should automatically scroll to the point where the first and second patterns meet.
3) You'll see a number of grayed-out rows (the first pattern), and then a number of normal rows (the second pattern). If there is anything other than a blank in the first row of the second pattern (like in picture #2), clear the row by right-clicking and selecting "Delete Row". The pattern should then be blank, like in picture #3.
4) The .it should now play all the way through without restarting.

By the way, you can test the results at any time by playing the .it in the Tracker. I don't know if this will work in your situation, but it works for me (I did .mp3 -> .wav -> .it -> .umx).

[EDIT]
This might help, too:
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=329057