ModSquad shutdown?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mychaeel

From the ModSquad front page:
Fileplanet doesn't seem to be working properly, so I'm still looking for FTP space. I think I found another server, but if it doesn't work properly, I'm giving up. If it doesn't work, I'm planning to shut down Mod Squad. Sorry for maing this so sudden, but trying to fix this massive problem is extremely time consuming. You'll find out later today what my decision is.
Shutting down ModSquad would be a real loss for the community. Please don't, even if you can't host mod and mutator downloads yourself anymore---the reviews are what I'm visiting ModSquad for, not the downloads.

Unfortunately I can't offer storage space and bandwidth to you. :(

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
It's to late... Oh my god...

um, excuse my edit.... but we don't write like that, thanks. take it somewhere else please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
As touching as that sentiment was, Postal, you'd just love it if I came to your forums and said that about WoD. You'd do the same thing I'm doing here.

RollingSkull

Jan 13, 2002
Visit site
Well, I for one can't live without MS. I have no other place where I can download such a comprehensive collection of mods, and even get taunted by some mods I CAN'T download *Cough* Unloaded, legacy */Cough* (Even before the crisis.). WAAAAH! DON'T GO MODSQUAD!

Last edited:

Major_Error

Camper in Progress
Jul 17, 2000
The Netherlands
This is truly a great loss. :(

I hope that Modsquad will return even if its in smaller form without the download possibillity. Modsquad is in fact the main review source of the Unreal Community. There is nothing like Modsquad, its unique.

Take care Peter Yu and thank you very much for your time you spend on modsquad.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I guess I can lock this down. See the relevant announcement on all MS sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.