Make in breakable window is driving me crazy!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dene

Feb 20, 2000
Wales, UK
www.bigwig.net
Im getting a headache trying to make a breakable window!

Is it done by making a mover? But then the glass is quite thick! Or is it made as a single plane with "collision hull's".

Anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial or something?

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
This assumes you know how to make a glass window and is something I wrote up for someone else. It should still be applicable.

Part 2: Breakable Glass.

Now that we've made the glass a Mover we can make the next time and make it breakable.
This is for a window that is breakable multiple times.

1 "But Bobby threw the baseball through the window mom not me!!!" BreakingGlass window /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
Ingrediants:
1 Mover
1 BreakingGlass effect

Mover properties:
Events=>Event=BreakingGlass_1
Mover=>bDamageTriggered=True
Mover=>DamageThreshold=3
Mover=>MoveTime=0
Mover=>StayOpenTime=45
Object=>InitialState=TriggerOpenTimed

BreakingGlass properties:
Collision=>bCollideActors=False
Collision=>bCollideWorld=False
Collision=>bProjTarget.
Events=>Tag=BreakingGlass_1
ExplodingWall=>bTranslucentGlass
ExplodingWall=>GlassTexture=[Use the same texture as found on your window. Just select the texture in the browser and click on Use in the properties]

Now all you need to do is to make the Mover's Keyframe1 somewhere out of view.

Jenkins

America's Greatest Kitten Mitten
Apr 24, 2000
Irving, Tx, USA
jljenkins.cjb.net
Hey Wandy, that seemed copied /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Jenkins

Dene

Feb 20, 2000
Wales, UK
www.bigwig.net
Hmm..

Yep I tried them settings. But I cant get the mover to remain transparent!

I made a brush (used a thin cube) placed it into the level and it looks ok. But then I use copy polygons and make a mover from that it always reverts to the default texture and not transparent!