Assetto Corsa

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I dunno if you guys have checked this game out yet. It's been on Steam Early Access for at least a few months now. If any of you are simracing fans I highly recommend it.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm_O5qv-ZF0#t=46[/M]

I've been playing this for a couple of days now and even at this early stage it's one of the most polished Early Access games I've tried. It's by far the best racing sim I have tried on PC. Some major features like multiplayer, visual damage (mechanical damage is in) and AI are still incomplete or missing, but everything else functions very smoothly. Currently, Assetto Corsa features something like 30 cars spanning multiple decades and disciplines, including Drift, DTM, and open-wheel. There are currently around 15 circuits and a handful of drag strips. More content is being added every couple of weeks, and the complete Nürburgring is supposed to be in by the end of 2014.

Let's talk about the simulation aspect. The physics in this game are the real deal. Assetto Corsa runs on NetKar Pro and the simulation is at least on par with rFactor, iRacing, and RACE 07, with a strong emphasis on both tire modelling and Italian flamboyance. Playing with an X360 controller and no assists requires discipline and skill, but it's insanely satisfying once you get the hang of it. Despite the simulation-grade learning curve, I still feel like the UI, assist options, and control setup make Assetto Corsa much more accessible than it's counterparts.

Now let's talk about the rest. Assetto Corsa looks freaking fantastic; from what I can tell, each car is accurately modeled to the smallest detail inside and out. The visuals are a balance of next-gen and realism, but it currently does not require next-gen hardware (that may change once you have 20+ cars in the field.)

The cars sound as realistic as they look. The exhaust notes are very distinctive and true-to-life for each of the cars currently in. Small annoyances I have found in other simulators, like very unrealistic-sounding backfires, have been corrected here. Drive into a run-off area and then listen to the sand or gravel clank against your fender wells as your tires self-clean! :D

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
They're working on Oculus Rift support, but from what I hear the current implementation is pretty poor. I might give it a go eventually.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
A random screenshot.

nzEtEvJ.jpg

Even on my 5850 this game looks fantastic, and it still runs at 60fps.