NaliCity MotherShip

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
65.39.251.19 NaliCity Mothership, provided by BU and Alienpod.

Now that NaliCity has a dedicated server, what suggestions do you have for maps and do you guys want to have regularly scheduled game nights or matches or whatever? The floor is open for suggestions.

Current suggestions(from below):
1on1 Mappack
DM-Aristocracy
DM-Goose2k4
ONS-Ascendancy
ONS-Draor
ONS-Nevermore
ONS-Pipeline
CTF-Orodruin
CTF-Unearthed

The maps can be downloaded from one page, here:
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/view_server.php?sid=24

Last edited:

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Hmm, how many maps and what gametypes might be the first question...

Onslaught seems to have more custom maps worth playing than the other gametypes. Feedback people?

darth_weasel

I won
Apr 20, 2002
UK
darth-weasel.tripod.com
putting up custom maps as they become featured maps/hotlist maps on NC would be the best idea i can see. that way it keeps the maps used linked to NC, keeps the number small and the quality high.

Last edited:

Frieza

Sep 15, 2002
Holland
Visit site
The problem with what your suggestin Darth, is that sometimes old UT maps will be in the hotlist, or 2k3 maps.
Anyhoo, I dont have too much ideas regarding the server as I dont play 2k4 :)

nalicitymaphunter

Apr 30, 2004
NaliCity Mothership Game Suggestion

How about some onslaught games on the NaliCity Mothership server? With all the cool vehicle toys, it could be a lot of fun! :D

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
DM-Nirvana, DM-Ancestral, DM-AlpsDawnDuel, DM-Kenshin
CTF-Hypothermia, CTF-Angkorian, CTF-Unearthed, CTF-Bollwerkruins

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
MassChAoS said:
Most of those are ut2k3 maps that have not been converted, right?

Other than CTF-Unearthed.

my bad, though they do still run under 2004 they probably should be properly converted by the authors

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Zarkazm said:
ONS-Icarus, ONS-Draor, ONS-Ascendancy.

Add ONS-Nevermore. :)

And personally, I don't like Icarus a whole lot, with tanks on the first node and the base, and the leviathon setting off from the first node. Too difficult to capture... :hmm:

luquado

The cake is a PLOY!!
Feb 18, 2000
Astoria, NYC
www.luquado.com
AMmayhem said:
Add ONS-Nevermore. :)

And personally, I don't like Icarus a whole lot, with tanks on the first node and the base, and the leviathon setting off from the first node. Too difficult to capture... :hmm:
I don't like Icarus because of sloppy collisions and getting stuck and stuff.

nalicitymaphunter

Apr 30, 2004
I disagree with luquado. I like ONS-Icarus because of the multi-level gameplay. Admittedly it's hard to manuver large vehicles, but if you use either the manta or raptor, it can be a real blast! :D

luquado

The cake is a PLOY!!
Feb 18, 2000
Astoria, NYC
www.luquado.com
nalicitymaphunter said:
I disagree with luquado. I like ONS-Icarus because of the multi-level gameplay. Admittedly it's hard to manuver large vehicles, but if you use either the manta or raptor, it can be a real blast! :D
It's not an issue of disagreement when it's a statement of fact. The fact is that I can fly a raptor up to the high "building" at the node right before the cores + levi node, hop off, and walk about 10 feet off of the geometry and snipe at the node, while the enemy team can't do much because of collision bugs.

And you get stuck all over the place while in vehicles, primarily on the edges of platforms if you get blown there by an errant rocket or turret.

And the bots are adept at getting vehicles stuck as well.