XMP Knowledge Library

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

intoxicated

Dec 27, 2003
Mods!

ok well anyway i was jus lookin at the summon mod, and i was wondering what program do you use to make them and edit them in because i would like to create a mod and im not sure what i would do it with. i opened the other mods in notepad but some of it was messed because i didnt use the right program. so anyway anyone no the mod maker and editor program?

chipmunk

(NBK-Daft)
Nov 26, 2003
MA
www.clan-nbk.com
Wow! What a treasure trove of info! Excellent work all around guys, epecially SilverFyre. Also what a great job by catalyst to combine all of the links into one succinct post!

:D

I've been working on an XMP weapons guide for the past few days myself. It's pretty descriptive at the moment, but it's still lacking pics and whatnot. I was thinking of setting up a website until a friend gave me Silver's link on irc. It's exactly along the lines of what I was thinking of doing!

So what I plan on doing from this point is to just finish up my weapons FAQ. I've already covered a little over half of all the guns, and am planning on moving to large turret mechanics as soon as that's done. I've also been running around the maps with that cameralock toggle and getting some pretty sweet in-action shots. ;)

As of right now, the guide is just a .doc file. I'm planning on learning .html as I go (as a personal project), and eventually it will include lots of mid-description pictures and links. I think have a really good idea of what the final result should look like, but it might take quite awhile to get there. :p

If anyone out there has already been working on a large scale XMP information depot, contact me (email addy in profile) and I'll join the club! Here's a preview of my wordpad work:

Attachments

• temp1.jpg
    temp1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 169

Tsylatac

International Seahorse Inseminator
Apr 5, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
That looks damned cool, chipmunk :). I've been planning on doing a proper datamase myself (hosted here on BU), but my webdesigner's gone AWOL. I'm thinking of putting up what we've got already then improving it as time goes on :). But I was planning on mirroring all these things locally (with authors' permissions, of course) for future reference :)

chipmunk

(NBK-Daft)
Nov 26, 2003
MA
www.clan-nbk.com
I hope you fine BU people don't mind, but I linked the ProUnreal community to this thread. As much as they hate to admit it, they are definitely not "pro's" when it comes to XMP.

Tsylatac

Apr 5, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
chipmunk said:
I hope you fine BU people don't mind, but I linked the ProUnreal community to this thread. As much as they hate to admit it, they are definitely not "pro's" when it comes to XMP.

Nah, that's great :) The more the merrier :)

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
Usefull information.. but i still dont know how to bind stuff :D The "tutorial" about binding refers to UT2k3 binding... And i never played UT2k3 much...

Tsylatac

Apr 5, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Added a link to some rather nifty Team Strategies, by Ravage :) (that never-ending source of supreme XMP knowledge)

Also added this guide to adminning your server by QuikShot :)

They are... sort of in categories but i think you're right :). Adding this linky here then I'll get to organising it :)

Added the Concussion Grenade Jumping Guide, by MÆST. Oh... and headings are still coming soon (ie when I have the time).

Added Theresa's Guide To Being A Gunner, by Theresa

Added Why Defending Is A Good Thing(tm), by Anathema-.

And currently thinking of titles for the sections :)

Last edited by a moderator:

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Maybe you should add the links into categories or something... it's kind of mixed right now :/. Like "Server related" "Strategies" "Mutators" and so on :)

Ugh, on second thought it isn't mixed up but i miss the "headlines" stuff :)

Last edited:

IAS|Spiff

Jan 22, 2004
Hi, my first post here.. :D

I have something that i can't see others has posted, the color code for XMP.
Have made a simpel web page for it, hope u like it :D

Here is how u do it :

Open the page, pick a color. Copy the color code "^#Ų", like this. Then paste it into u'r MyUser.ini file. Where u got u'r name.

[DefaultPlayer]
Name=^#Ų*=)^#ƋSpiff^#Ų(=*

Hope this was usefull(have had this for some day's now...:D ), sow i desided to share.... :p

Attachments

• xmp_color.zip
    3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Very similar the BU's name colorizor found here. Your version is nice because it allows people to actually see what they are doing. I upoaded it here so it is easier to access. Let me know if that's a problem. Nice work.

IAS|Spiff

Jan 22, 2004
MÆST said:
Very similar the BU's name colorizor found here.
Your version is nice because it allows people to actually see what they are doing. I upoaded it here so it is easier to access. Let me know if that's a problem. Nice work.

No problem at all, better to share it..:D

Tnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.