Do u dare to install SP2 for Win XP??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Dragon_Myr said:
Great, now the internet is blocked for being dangerous...

:lol: ok you convinced me, it isn't worth installing unless you're already having probs with sp1 or need one/many of the new functions... and Dragon make sure you install XMP too when you'r4 done.

Stoneblind

/\°§pèçtré
Mar 18, 2004
www.clanalpha.net
For once, I actually gave some good props to Microsoft for Windows XP; I have Home Edition...does me just fine though, no trouble for me at all. Microsoft had given me problems here and there that drove me to the edge, but I had legitimate and good reasons for giving a thumbs up this time around; you would too if you ran Windows ME since 2001....I probably reformatted my computer more than I even booted up the system, if that is even possible. Windows ME was the worst operating system I have ever worked with; I probably saw more blue error screens than the desktop. More system crashes a day than car crashes nationwide.

Anyways, SP2 worked just fine for me; hope it does for everyone else too. I always heard XP was a memory whore to begin with, but SP2 gave me no real noticable performance hit if any at all.

Good luck to whoever installs the thing.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Dragon_Myr - I doubt you are having those problems, but if you are sorry to hear, but maybe it was the random combination of parts you have forming your system that caused it, but i do not know.... but i do know that i am runnin it, and it has no real affect on my gaming :).

Stoneblind - i agree, Win ME was the worst os that microsoft ever released... but graphically it was better than Windows 1.0, and user friendlyness was better than windows 1.0 to 3.0, and i could go on about this, but you get my point, it was a last ditch effert to sqeeze money out of people, and it worked( but most people probobly returned windows me in the first week though)

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
yeah ME was crap
i had that on and about a month later the comp wouldn't boot up
and i'm not installing buggy betas :p
i got professional version of XP
apart from the occasional crash its fine
i'll wait for this pack tho

washuu

A Lazy XMP Beta Tester
Oct 18, 2003
Minnesota
www.washuu.org
I have been to many LANS, including one with 186 people, and they did have a virus spread, I got nothing... never have shared folders their, and don't connect until you know everything is happy :D

"If it works, don't fix it!"

Zetto

XMP Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2004
btw, forget about *cough* filesharing *cough*... sp2 limits number of active net connection to 10 :D

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
hmm... it may do that, but i have fixed it on my system, i have over 10 connections at once, so i do not see what is wrong... lol.

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
washuu said:
I have been to many LANS, including one with 186 people, and they did have a virus spread, I got nothing... never have shared folders their, and don't connect until you know everything is happy :D

"If it works, don't fix it!"

You can visit the wrong web page and get a virus. You just been lucky.

[Shadow]Aksen

=vD=Aksen
Mar 18, 2004
got sp2, it's runnin nice.

i run norton corporate, but yeah i'm not interested in firewalls. They're too much hassle. Corporate has seemed to catch everything... been running this setup since march.

Status
Not open for further replies.