using Xan...is it cheat?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BaTaTa

Mar 5, 2001
Argentina
Visit site
yes...

i notes in Phobos.
i fell down from the tower (where is the sniper riffle whit the ammo) and i didin't die!
whit all the others models i always cratered.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Yes. Xan is hacked. That's why you have to beat him to get the model. Because his statistics are higher than the other bots. He takes less fall damage.

He also takes a bit less damage because of the suit he wears. It's like natural armor.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
In my humble onion, using Xan is definitely cheating. I frown upon any such llamas who would choose to use this skin. We even add them to the llama farm as skin cheaters.

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
so i'm giving damn loque even more of an advantage against me when i play him(i gave him the xan skin) dohhhhh

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
You idiot Garret. Loque is already a confirmed aimbot user and you go and give him the Xan skin? Don't ever set up a public server with bots, no one would ever play there.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
The worst part is, if you are wearing the Xan skin you can get the redeemer in November and nobody else can.

Reaper

-----------------
Nov 14, 2000
Bedburg-Hau, Germany
www.hergaden.de
I consider using the Nali War Cow model some sort of cheating. I played alot against my pals using the NWC model and i can't get one damn headshot. Usually, i'm not that bad. I sure can score some headshots in a game when playing against normal models and against Xan, too.

Personally i think it's just unfair to use the NWC model as well as using Xan, if it is really true that he's got advantages over the other models. If you plan a duel on me, please don't use the NWC or i'll be completely lost.

Any suggestions which could help me?

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
wow... i wish i could tell if this is a joke thread... cause if it isn't that is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard, since anybody who beats the game can have xan without "hax0ring" anything.

/me prays it's a joke..

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
re: nali war cow

Headshots on the NWC is not the apparent head of the cow...it's the weapon/weapon mount area (in case you weren't aware). I think i have gotten a few headshots here and there...but i haven't run into THAT many people on the pubs using NWC (compared to the bidepal humanoid skins/models)

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
I've gotten lots of headshots on the cows... pisses them right off too since they usually think it can't be done.

As far as the Xan Mark II goes... have you seen that model move... that one's so supped up you can dodge a redeemer just by doing the victory dance...

Pope

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
I heard about the redeemer on november and now that I found out I can haX0r to get me a Xan suit I'm goin' straight for it.

The thing that pisses me off about NWC and the Skaarj skins is that I'm never sure which way they're looking at medium to long range. So, put the lizardskin in along with the other cheats please.

STALLONE

Mar 29, 2000
vld.clanpages.com
So Thats why i couldnt get the redeemer on november, I just kept drowning and drowning, I wasnt using the Xan skin, Xan can probably hold his breath longer huh? Im going to november right now and gettin that redeemer. Thanks for the info.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
I just use the scuba gear in the secret room in the red base. But you have to bee-line it directly to the sub as the scuba gear is only good for a short amount of time. You have just enough time to get there. Long tranny tosses help.

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I don't think this thread was originally meant as a joke, but some of us are treating it that way because the Xan skin does not have any advantages over other skins in terms of strength or resistances. Please don't start hitting the servers and accusing people in Xan skins of cheating. The Xan skin craters just as well as any other skin. Like Nevroticur said, it just depends on where you land on Phobos. You can survive that drop with any skin. The cow doesn't have any advantage either. Its just as easy to get a headshot if you know to aim for the weaponrack and not the cow's actual head.

Please use whatever skin y'all want. :)

And good luck with that Redeemer in November. ;)