Stargate unreal !!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
Oo; Honto ne? Heh, you're funny you know that? :p Anyways I got it to work but yea, I wonder if someone is going to finish off the weapons hands for the rest of the weapons. It really is fun if slightly incomplete. The team should finish it and maybe someone could finish it off with a SG Map with a Portal. But if not ? Could the team as a whole discuss and think about allowing some outside resource to help finish it off as a completed beta?
The p5 was outstanding btw, the real time handling and effect was fabulous. I realy commend the people that did the work that was put into this.

Leonardo

:lol::D
haha leo i really like to have you on my friendslist and met you here and on servers.yeah i just tried to be helpfull..but oki i thrust you.

the atlantis mod is worth checking out m8.
it has a very nice looking mp5navy maybe the best in whole ut.
the other weapons are not skinned but work.the modteam moved over to ut2003 with the project back in time.

Well I placed the SG A up on Jade Phoenix's files section for mod game play downloads.I hope I got all the info correct. if I didn't someone speak up with all the correct info so peeps get props. Ok?

Last edited:

Diehard

Just clear up some stuff, and i didnt read all above(will do tomorrow)

I have been working on the SGC project for over 3 years now, and the current results can be found on this page: SGC Project

Because of the crazy amount of work on the new site, the project is on hold but hope to resume it within two weeks. The original idea came from Chris from the HLK clan, he asked me if i could do some textures, which i did. After that i realised i just might as well do all the textures, which was a crazy amount of work.

About one and a half year into the project i discovered the StargateTL mappack, and that was the first time i found out there were other Stargate maps. After that i found out that the package was sitting in the downloads from the CW site all that time, without me realizing/knowing it even while i must have added it myself to the downloads.

I had a fast look at the StargateTL project from Lion, and think its certainly a very cool mappack. The other thing i noticed was the presence of the Staff weapon. Neither i nor Chris knows anything about scripting or .u files. But we desperatelly wanted to have the staff weapon in the SGC map. There was on huge problem, the .u file had a connection to the ammo .u file which used a small icon for in the editor.

Thats small icon (5kb big) was sitting in a 20 Mb big texture package, which made it useless for our project unless it was somehow disconnected from that utx package.

It was always my plan to go contact lion if he could help us out, but so far i never did due to lack of time. In the meantime someone did disconnect the utx package. But i will not add that to the map unless i have Lions consent to do so, simple as that, you gotta respect other peoples work...........

As for the other project, they were in need of textures and transport rings already made by me, while on the other hand, Qtit from SP is working out a touchscreen working in real time, which would be perfect to go have actual dialing on the Stargate. Qtit was willing to go work for StargateUnreal project and i hope i will be able to implement that in my SGC project as well, since it would be a super cool addon.

Though i do know the people http://stargateunreal.freeforums.org/index.php i already told them i will only have a good look at all they do when i am ready to restart the SGC project. I know they are working very hard on new mods, addons, weapons and maps.

At least from the little stuff i know i cannot go say its stealing ideas. Its just a whole bunch of people that like the Stargate series alot. And i think it would go too far if no-one is allowed to go do something with Stargate and call it stealing ideas. Not to mention the serie did run for 10 years, which allows endless variations of maps, and use of mods. Its safelly said you could pull 24 times 10 years = 240 maps out of it.

Its simply a too important serie for fans to now go say were gonna do nothing with it anymore, cause Lion already did...............

As said, i hardly read anything(6 in the morning here) in the previous posts and thought i just shed a bit of light on the subject.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
hmm.as a unreal and ut fan i want to come up with an idea and suggestion
for the stargate unreal mod.

1.how about using and finishing ,with the permission of the original
authors of course, the atlantis ut mod?
http://download.beyondunreal.com/fi...eal_tournament/mods/atlantis public alpha.zip
there are a set of nice weapons but just two of them are skinned.
can this stuff be included?

2.again as a unreal and ut fan i hope all come along and relax.i dunno much
about the history of the mod,tho i really believe leo,i mean its a mod for us and we would enjoy it fore sure.:)
just get contacted eachother and manage credits thingies.imo.;)

hi diehard :)
good you posted a statement.i hope it will clear eventual misunderstandings.
be sure we would like to play this mod when its finished.:)

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
No it does not clear anything, it is bull**** (the project of stargateunreal forums). K thx bye

I vote for deleting the project completelly. Working hard? are you joking? No dude, they are working like ****............

You cannot compare these people to your project, seriously the people "working" there are just bunch of ****ing idiots and dangerous hackers.........
They absolutelly stole the meshes etc without giving any credit to Lion and all things etc.........................
It has stolen things ripoffs etc, do I have to continue? Please Diehard, stay away from this. I admire your own project but not project of them. Thx

Btw people at Unreal editor czech community think that this should be officially publicate somewhere about the stealings......
Anyway, DieHard, you can try ask Lion for using it I think, but he is poor in English rather...

Last edited:

Leonardo

Leo seriously calm down. You're emitting bad karma and letting your own blood pressure go up in the process. If there is a problem? Might I suggest talking it out at thier forum and discuss it diplomatic like rather than bombardment from the redeemer corps? ....Please?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I'll have to agree to Leonardo. Really, Leo(T.C.K.), you're not what you've been earlier. Now you go to all of the Unreal community forums and shout something angrily. Really, be diplomatic instead of aggressive and make reading your posts more than "Here it starts again... Skip". Come on, you can talk constructively. And the stars in your posts are not helping!

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
There is nothing to talk about constructively. The Unreal community is seriously screwed up and ruined and I have lost my patience with certain people.
I know some of these ppl very good.
From the years of Unreal is existing, these trash people emerged from nowhere because the good people mainly left this game and started to take higher reputation.
Sorry, but the constructive thingy is no help here either. I HAVE to be harsh.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
But that simply won't help. List the proof, talk about what will/would happen and what happened before, explain everything and you'll get it. But if you're harsh, people simply won't believe you and you'll ruin your reputation.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
yep.thnx for generous helping out here emerald.
i cant better coz my english is a bit poor and leo is my ut-buddy.
once you call someone a friend you have to stay to that.
leo you are a good guy but take some advice pls.:)

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Folks calm down and keep cool,there is no reason to get angry or something others.;)

BTW,does anybody of you guys has a download link for the Unreal Stargate mod ?:)

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Don't download that, it is just a stolen piece of hacked **** and sorry, but I just won't take advice like that, I cannot just go and talk calm to these ppl.
If they gave some credit to Lion, then maybe, but not this way....they stole even his meshes and used it in their own hacked u files. And used his maps, edited. All that is against all possible rules and the new maps there are a piece of crap and it does not have anything to do with Stargate at all.
All this mod is all against the rules........
Not to mention you pro (damn forgot what I wanted to say, I didn't finish this entence because something interrupted me)

I also was able to find suspicious things inside this mod, which can eventually harm you in a way. So don't download that. Is that clear?
It messes up everything too...............

I am talking of course about the project in these forums, I am not talking about DieHard's one or Atlantis mod..........and I am reading everything, but some people just ignore things and when they see I am swearing or something, "hey look wtf is with him, he is weird and wrong and probably he just tells lies as he seems to have problem with too many people at the Unreal community" and not realizing that most of the ppl I have problem with are just the idiots and crackers who took over the Unreal.

List all proof hmm, I am just saying that I have bad experience with few ppl working in that project and also off that who these people are (most of them I don't know, but they still act like idiots) that you should stay away from that project........
About these people, I have some proof concerning them like screenshots etc....and I can give them to anyone who wants them........

Last edited:

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
i just meant what the other mates here said.."keep cool leo" and stuff m8.
hmm.let everyone decide for himself if he wants to download the mod or not.
i think thats the best.

Leonardo

I have the "Atlantis" ut99 mod uploaded and setup as a mirror for it. UT99 SG Atlantis mod Download link as you can see leo, I'm discussing the SG Atlantis mod. For UT99 its one the mods I prefer playing. Also its the one I've been mainly discussing. The Weapons and Hands on some the weapons do need to skinned but even unskinned this weapons gameplay is keengeer to the extreme. I wished the team that did this could wrap this up or at least give permission to a team to help pick up and finish the project as a whole. The P90 is my fave weapon overall.
(Edit) oh and xtc I simply SQUEEEE for your Daft Punk AV I love thier work and am a big fan(/edit)

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Ok then. But if they will download that mod (that this thread was about at first place), they will find out themselves how it is like and will notice it is not worth it.

The atlantis mod really looks cool btw and I checked only a bit of that.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
:)roger that leonardo.
yep the ut atlantis mod is great.
the weapons look very pro.i also wish someone could finish those with permission.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.