CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
This is from today. It should have been something more like 10 deaths 150+ kills but my internet was extra horrible. I had a heli waiting to go up nearly ever time I died.

[screenshot]http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shot0012ff1.jpg[/screenshot]

Mar 6, 2004
Where are you guys going to get 130+ kills, or hell even people who do 300 when everyone else has 50-70 or you just good at 7 kill streaks, die, get another heli , etc.

Last edited:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I actually started that game out with a 20 something kill streak. The way I play is I go for a heli but then I start playing more recklessly after I've gotten one in the bank. I still like huge kill streaks over dying for my heli to help me go for another heli though.

Mar 6, 2004
I'll never make it there, when things start heating up and makes me pissed i keep running and gunning on another level, bullets flying everywhere i run into it try blow off steam, the more owned i get the worse it becomes. I pretty much get to the point i forcefully do suicide missions with no intention of killing the other guy but that's when i rage really hard. The smallest things set me off. I was good for a month, now i'm starting to become the player i used to be who rage quit because of 1:3 or 1:4 ratios. I'm the only person i know in real life, and on the computer who sucks at this game.

Last edited:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
There is your problem, you need to stay cool and think how you could have made it out of your last death alive. Of course there are days when I just feel like going crazy and running everywhere for a game or two :p

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Config hax time.
1. Has anyone figured out how to get your screen not to shake when an air strike is going on around you?
2. Has anyone figured out how to get ride of the glare when you try to view stuff through windows far away.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
1) Nope. You might want to try "pro"mod since it makes the game lots easier by getting rid of anything that makes the game not CS. God forbid the guns have muzzle flares! :eek:

2) r_glow is responsible for that, I believe, but I think it only takes effect on a game restart or at least a map change. That one's not even considered config hax because it's in the UI. D:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Muzzle flare noes ;0 tbh I'm not bothered by muzzle fare unless it's insanely excessive in games. CoD4 is fine in this aspect ;P

Already have r_glow off, does nothing for the effect I'm talking about :[ Then again I think glow is server side also.

Pro mod also gets ride of most of the perks which are a cool part of the game for me ;[

Mar 6, 2004
Config hax time.
1. Has anyone figured out how to get your screen not to shake when an air strike is going on around you?
2. Has anyone figured out how to get ride of the glare when you try to view stuff through windows far away.

Alot of people have done 1. Airstrike happens and the whole screen goes allw ild yet they cans till aim extremly well. Or when you throw a stun gernade at someone and it goes off they figured out how to not effect you. That's something rare. For the 2nd thing, i have no idea....haxed eyeballs?

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Config hax time.

1. Cannot be done from the config, meaning its far beyond any editing that punkbuster will find acceptable.

2. What glare? The only thing close to glare is the glow. If you mean the dept of field, that is turned off in the graphics menu too. Take a screen shot to show us what you mean?

Alot of people have done 1. Airstrike happens and the whole screen goes allw ild yet they cans till aim extremly well. Or when you throw a stun gernade at someone and it goes off they figured out how to not effect you.
I think you might just have mistaken for this from people who have just become skilled at aiming during the airstrike. It's especially easy if you concentrate on the "hit" crosshair. Flash/stun isn't to hard if you're using higher sensitivity either. Whenever I see a flash/stun, I always look towards the enemy since it doesn't matter where you are looking, but keep moving in the direction of any physical cover. That way, you can still shoot the doorway or the direction the enemy is coming from. The grenades can also be pretty tricky with what is effectively cover and what is not. It gets ridiculous at times.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I think you might just have mistaken for this from people who have just become skilled at aiming during the airstrike. It's especially easy if you concentrate on the "hit" crosshair. Flash/stun isn't to hard if you're using higher sensitivity either. Whenever I see a flash/stun, I always look towards the enemy since it doesn't matter where you are looking, but keep moving in the direction of any physical cover. That way, you can still shoot the doorway or the direction the enemy is coming from. The grenades can also be pretty tricky with what is effectively cover and what is not. It gets ridiculous at times.

Possibly, my sensativity is almost at the lowest...i have played with little to no sensativity for YEARS in u2xmp, and brought it over to other games aswell so it's hard for me to move at all.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Higher sens does nothing for stun grenades I think. I tried making a bind in the CoD5 beta for 55 sensitivity and hit it when I got stuck in a gas grenade. It didn't help anything. The only thing it proved to do was mess me up because I forgot about the bind :p ASDF WTF WHY IS MY SENS SO HIGH?!?! >:0

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I think being stunned runs your mouse input through a filter of sorts whereby movements are normalized down to an acceptable level. No matter how fast you move it, it'll only go but so fast. I've found that making slow, sweeping mouse movements when stunned helps get it into position, and if I'm ever in a "well, I'm f**ked" position, I start priming a grenade for a pseudo-Martyr if I get taken out.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I was apparently pissing people off earlier. Everyone's real quiet usually until someone says something and then everyone starts in with the hax accusations. Some guy even changed his name to say that I was hacking, and I ended up having three clan members spectating me. :lol:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Getting accused of cheating in this game isn't hard, you just watch the GPS compas, get a guess, shot trough walls, kill the ****ing P90-Claymore-Martyrdom corner camper, and you're set! Or kill the same person 3-4 times in a row.

Must have been fun having a bunch of pigeons watching you play, I bet they wished they could have vote kicked you out. Then you come back in with one of their clanner's name, and they kick 'him'. :lol:

Hilarious stuff.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Had an aimbot in my server today, 1 click and his aimer found everyone. :/ That's what you get for playing non pb servers, ahwell i can play on non pb servers now anyway.

Had this guy with a wallhack (he always followed you when you seen him on killcam) had a 30 kill streak, i was the only player on my team. 47-46 i finished, the next best was 15 kills.:lol: I sucked ever since this guy called me an aimbot just because i changed my aim style to WILD but accurate. When i play good my god there are sooo many dumb players. My best game today was 70-30.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Been a long time since I bothered using a shotgun, but I had some fun with the W1200 + Jugg + Conditioning.

Attachments

• shot0089.jpg
    shot0089.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 22